New Cell Phone

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DeerHunter01, Aug 2, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I just ordered for me and my Wife two new cell phone's from cingular was wanting to know if anyone has the Samsung D407 cell phone with the New PTT system and if so whats your thoughts on them.

From the way we are set up I am on a family plan, and if your on the PTT there is no charge, I got the Nation wide service plan also.

1. If you have one with cingular do you like it ?

2. Do you have alot of dropped calls for unknown reasons ?
    ( I am being told by a person that since they got this phone they have never lost a call on PTT or when they was using the cellular service)

3. What don't you like about PTT or what do you like ?

Thanks
    D/H

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hey Eric, does this mean that you're going to mount a new thing in your ear? LMAO!

3. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    No the one I have will work on it I am being told..lol Ok thats it Katmaster Jr. neg-rep for you buddy !! - 300 :lol:

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Good to hear, because I think that thing is glued into your ear, isn't it? LMAO. Neg rep, again? If I send you that embarrasing picture of JW, will you change your mind?:lol:

5. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    5000 + for Katmaster Jr ...lol :lol: :eek:oooh: :lol:

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    LOL! Smart man, very smart. I will look around and see if I can find that embarrasing pic of JW at that christmas party. LMAO:lol:

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Good things come to those who wait BMJ!!!! I can get even, revenge is a dish, best served cold!!!!

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Now Thats Funny; I don't care who you are. roflmao:smile2: :eek:oooh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Eric: It's much better than the old service, I also have the national plan and I keep a second phone for my mom to keep with her. We have never had a droped call even when driving from one tower to the next. When I go to Japan it works with just 1 call to activate. They tell me it will work anywhere in the world. I believe Cingular to have the best service. Now all that being said can you believe It won't work at my house. None of the services work at my house.

You won't go wrong with Cingular.

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I like revenge, it's my favorite dish of all, I ain't scared.:lol:

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You should Be !!!

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Eric

In many parts of the Nation Cingular is very good. I just so happens that in Tulsa Oklahoma, they suck. My wife and I suffered through a 2 year contract with Cingular. Before Cingular, I had US Cellular, and NEVER lost a call or had poor cignal strength. After switching to Cingular, there were 10 places in Tulsa and 3 in Owasso *(suburb I live in)* that Cingular didn't work. In fact, I called weekly for 6 months trying to get them to resolve the problem. They fed me line after line from telling me there was NO problem, to telling me the phones I had just bought were out of date and needed to be replace *at full cost*, to it was the AT&T wireless merger causing the problem, to "NOBODY" has service in THOSE areas.
    Needless to say, I have switched back to US Cellular. 2 phones on family plan with 1000 mins, unlimited nights/weekends starting at 7pm, unlimited moble to mobile, and unlimited incoming calls. Means you can call my cell and talk for 30 days straight, no charges.

Lets see Cingular do that!!!

LOL

*(Since we all know that once you or JW start talkin, ya don't hardly ever stop)*

13. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brothers and Sisters;
    I don't mean to cut in on a post, but you have brought up something that is very important to me and I would greatly value your advice/input.
    My wife and I have been putting off getting a cell phone for some time now because it seems like every week something new comes up or another feature added, so on and so fourth! It gets a bit bewildering real fast!:sad2: So much so, that it's hard to decide which one would be best.
    All my wife and I are looking for is something that will work in an emergency while we are on the road or at most, if we really needed to get ahold of the other for some reason.
    We don't need, or want, all the games, sports lineups, 120 music channel, video capability, photo capability, another button to wipe your behind when your done Sh*tting!, or any other "extras"!
    Just a simple, "4-Banger" cell phone that will let us talk to each other when needed, or call 911/*55 to get help if we see an accident happen, or need assistance of our own in some manner.
    IF, any of you Brothers or Sisters have a suggestion for me to check into and research, please send me a PM. I say a PM because I don't want this thread to turn into the "Help Coyote1" and take away from what Brother Simcox is trying to do!
    Although, I must note, that the last time I saw Brother Simcox, was on a video, showing him in a boat, with a catfish on the line, talking to someone with this thing/device/whatchamajigger, that looked to be surgically implanted in his ear! Personally, I bet that catfish found that to be offensive! After all, if I was a catfish, and I took a bite on Brother Simcox's hook, I would expect him to give me his 100% undivided attention too! :smile2: :roll_eyes: :big_smile: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
    But seriously, if anyone has a good legitimate idea, please send me a PM.
    Thanks again!:smile2:
    Fraternally and Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

14. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I did a thread no long ago on cell phones I think you will see where I stand if you read my post......LOL

15. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I guess no one has the PTT phones then ??? My main question was about the PTT phones in my case the Samsung D407 !

The PTT is the walkie talkie style phone, Push Too Talk - Phones plus a regular cell phone too. Where if you have another person on your PTT you can just call them up with out dialing them on the phone its a push button that beeps them and they answer and it is done on speaker phone or it can be put back to the ear to use so no one can hear you talking or what its about.

I was just wondering if anyone had them on the new cingular phone's and how they were doing ?

I know other company's have them , use to be Tea bagger and Adam Foster and Doc Lange had them on a different system and they seemed to work for them but since then they have improved alot of this.

Thanks
    D/H

16. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Brother Coyote1:

The surgical implant was JW calling us he called me and I told him I was fighting a fish so what does he do , he turns right around and calls my net man, trying to get me not to get the fish !! I told him I would call him back but if you ever get to meet WJ or JW not sure now !! lol, then you will no he is very impatient with waiting on anyone !! :lol: :cool2:

JW is so bad he carry's two cell phone's on him (one for each ear at the same time) and I am not sure that he has not talked to all 15,000 members of the BOC !! LMAO :tounge_out: :cool2:

17. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I like the PTT on NEXTEL, but hardly anyone has NEXTEL so it rarely gets used unless im at work. Can you PTT to other carriers?

18. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Brent from what I am understanding no I can't the phones just arrived here at the house about a hour ago and I just put them on charge when they got here and have not had time to read the directions, but I am almost sure we can not use another system ..

What would be good about this system is fishing in a group and keeping in contact instead of calling everyone to check in, cause on this phone from what the comapny says, you can have 2 too 20 people on a conversation by making it a group contact, then when you push the mic all 20 people hear you at the same time.

But the main reason I thought this would be nice for me and my wife to keep in contact when I am fishing alone on the water. I think Ryan is done gone on me to the wild side (WOMEN ??? :eek:oooh: he is in total shambles :lol: )

19. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    I've had a Nextel ever since I worked at Eurand Pharmacutical's, only a few places on the river that we can't talk, one place is down near Paducah, my whole family has the phones so we stay in touch with each other all the time, on the river I can call my son and get up to the min. reports of how bad he is kicking my arse, be real nice if we could talk to other people like Nextel to Cingular but don't think thats going to happen, we did away with the house phone over a year ago and just use cells now makes life so much easier and a lot quite at the house, before we would get 10 or more calls from somebody wanting to sell us something or some charity group telling me there sad story, not anymore, and really like it that way, my phone is a lot bigger than most because I work in explosive atmospheres it has to be FM approved, but I don't pay the bill and the company lets me call anybody and everybody on it, have come close to dropping it in the river but at $750.00 I wouldn't want to lose more than one.............Doc

20. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Love my Nextel PTT feature. Sure saves a ton of money. Most of the people I know have Nextel.

136*51*28220