New CCC member goes fishing with Mac

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by Mac-b, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Today (7-09-07), new member Walter Lively, Sr. and yours trully went trolling for cats in Stumpy Creek (LKN). Walt has been telling me all year what a hard time he was having catching cats. He had fished LKN five times and only caught one dink. He had also gone to Hickory, Badin and High Rock and got skunked. So, I arranged to pick him up at the Stumpy Creek Access and when I got there I saw the jugs in the water. But none of them were moving around. So, we sat up for a slow drift with six poles out and they were baited with white perch and bass. Caught one right off and missed the next two (man they were pole benders). Ended up with one nice flathead, two channels and three eating size blues. People with the jugs showed up around 9 AM and check their jugs (we did not see them get a single cat) and moved them to Cornelius Creek. You can guess it, that was going to be our second area to drift. We did and the results were not great. Walter appeared to enjoy himself and ofcourse I gave him an on the water class on different methods of catfishing. He is an old fart :oops:(age 62) and I hope I didn't fill his head with too much mush. :wink:

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Glad to hear you took a new member out and helped them along with their fishing. Thats what this club is about. :wink:

As for the jugs, I found two on Wylie the other day. No bait or name attached so I picked them up and threw them away as "trash" found in the river.

Hopefully you guys will be able to make the presentation this Wednesday at Gander Mountain.

3. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Way to go Mac. Hope to see you at the meeting Wed. Sounds like gonna be a good presentation.

4. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Sounds like you two had a great time out on the waters. That is what the B.O.C. is all about, helping others and showing them what you know about how to catch a catfish.:big_smile: