New CatMaster boat from Miracle Marine

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Pipe Rat, May 11, 2009.

1. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Did anybody go checkout this boat last Friday when the rep had it in town? I didn't see it but the guy emailed some pic's. .190 aluminum hull, the motor is jacked way back from the rear kinda like a bass boat.:eek:oooh:

2. Pipe Rat

State:
    Missouri

3. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    whats the purpose of putting that motor so far back?

4. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    They need to move them seats up and make the seats 360 so you can turn around and fish out of the back.....other than that it looks good. I bet the price on that puppy is nice too.....I'll stick to my Sea Ark

5. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
  6. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Good looking boat, but how do you fish out of it???? Do you fish off of the back deck? That thing would be hard to set up for catfishing with those seats mounted like that unless it was designed to be on the rear deck while fishing. Does it have pedestal mounts on the rear deck?

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    That was my first inclination as well. How the heck do you fish backwards out of it???

Like slipknot, I'll stick with the SeaArks. :wink:

8. Pipe Rat

State:
    Missouri
    I think the designers didnt spend a whole lotta time talking
    too catfishermen. Looks like they took a Bass boat design and shortened the decks and called it a catfish boat.

9. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Them boats are made in Potosi, and I work with a handfull of Potosi people, and they aren't the brightest crayon in the box, and I'm sure the apple dosen't fall too far from the tree!:smile2::smile2::wink:

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    LOL, Grumper...... There was one or that one, over at Carlyle Saturday I think it was.... And that is about it, looks like an aluminum version of a Ranger with a set back on it.... move that console up about 14 feet LOL and drop the price about 30 G LOL!

This was the add with it...

This is a brand new boat designed specifically for the Missouri and Mississippi rivers.
    The boat ran 55mph+ in 25-30mph wind on Lake of the Ozarks a couple of weeks ago. The boat is built with a performance hull in order to maximize speed with heavy loads. It has a 16 degree Vee in order to take the roughest waters. The hull is a one-piece 190gauge (3/16in plate) padded hull with lifting strakes and reverse chines.

Some specs for the boat:
    22ft long
    96in beam
    72in bottom
    70gal livewell
    21gal built-in fuel tank
    Spray-in liner
    Hydraulic Steering
    Nav. lights
    bilge pump
    Rear deck storage
    Huge front deck storage compartment

11. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    21 gallons of fuel does not seem like that much for a boat that size. Heck my dads 17 52 jet boat with a 60 horse will burn the 12 gallon tank in a day of running around.

12. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i dont think it is a winner, it just looks to hard to fish out of. how would you ever fight a big fish out the back with the motor sticking 4 ft out the back. i wish them well but i would not give it a 2nd look. thats just me.

13. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I'm with you Russ. It aint for me. I wonder why they dont talk to some catfish anglers BEFORE they design and build a boat. :eek:oooh:

14. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    What's sad, is they probably did...

15. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Looks like what some other manufacturers are calling a catfishing boat.... AKA a bass boat poorly converted. I see a definite couple weeks of work and major modifications there just to get it close to calling a catfishing boat..... At least by my definition.

16. Pipe Rat

State:
    Missouri
    The guy did tell me they can lay it out however you want within reason but I think that engine sticking way out there is gonna be a problem when I try to land my 150 lb blue.:smile2:

17. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    all they had to do is put a jack plate on it.

18. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Like Ed said, they probably did it to avoid the cutouts in the back. Thing's probably stern heavy like a b#$%^ because the have a huge livewell, the fuel tank, and battteries back there.....

19. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Looks like a nice rig by the pictures.

20. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Looks to me like the "CatMaster" was designed by somebody who's never actually fished for catfish... Apparently all you have to do to make a "catfish boat" is put in a big livewell and slap on a sticker that says "cat".

Everybody wants on the bandwagon these days...:roll_eyes: But I think SeaArk is the only one who's got it right so far...