New catfisherman in Yuma Az.

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Little Luey, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hello everyone, my name is Luey and I recently discovered catfishing. I have been out with a couple of local guys and I am learning every time I am at the river. Hope to learn even more in this site.
    See you around.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, Luey... anything you ever wanted to know about catfish can be found right here...:cool2:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    He is truly wise who gains wisdom from another's mishap.

3. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Looking forward to learning a lot and catching even more fish. Thanks.

4. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Yep, welcome to the BOC Luey.

5. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the Brotherhood Luey...you'll find everything you need to know about catfishing on this site.

6. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Luey.

7. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks guys.

Question for all:

What is the deal with the Coins, Reputation and the Thanks on the upper right side of the posts? What does that mean?

8. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well Luey, the coins are awarded every time you post. Save them up and bid on things with them. Right now there is a solar lantern up for grabs. The thanks is something you may or may not give to someone for posting something you find useful or interesting. The reputation is given to someone you think has posted something that you feel they should be rewarded for... Hope that helps...
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I can resist anything but temptation.

9. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I see, well let me give you my "Thanks" Ol man.

10. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey Ol man, I just realize you are in Illinois, I am from Chicago, lived in NW In also and have been in Az for 1 year now.

Where in Il are you?

11. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    luey welcome to the boc, theres is a new dude to the boc also from yuma , goes by the name of "bigcountry" Paul ya mite here from him , i fish north of you up in blythe, some day soon i want to fish down by you, been said theres flats on the river that will be near 100 lbs maybe we can hook up some day, will be headed down ther this weekend, havea trailer in blythe on the river and hang out there alot.

we also will be having gathering down there in the spring, be watching for it there a blast

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Luey, your gonna luv it here.

13. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks Steve and Dale for the welcome.

I was hoping to find some local fisherman, I will love to be able to fish with you Dale. I also heard good things about the Blythe area of the Colorado.

14. askins00

askins00 New Member

State:
    California
    I used to fish in Yuma all of the time down in senators Wash by the entrance at squaw lake. I know it is a pain to get to but it was great fishing. Hope this helps.

15. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    Little Luey...welcome to the BOC!!!I`ve also heard about how good the Flat fishing is in Arizona.The good thing about it is that you can fish there all year round and not freeze your butt off.Wish i can say the same thing here in Chicago.I`m planning to move back to Vegas by next year and i`m going to hit Arizona as much as i can.I`ll let you know when i get back so we can go slay them cats...

16. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    welcome to the BOC, you will love the respect and honesty that you will find here. Everyone seems to want to help each other. It is not a site like most BASS fishing sites where everyone "masks" their real tech. or spot. Here catman share what they know and where they fish so you too can enjoy the spoils of the kitties. If you ever travel east and north there are some great flat spots here in the valley!!:0a26: :0a26:

17. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks for the welcome guys.

Hey Vegasryder I used to live in Chicago also, on the south side by Markette park, did some fishing there also.
    Nice to hear you will be moving to the desert, I like it here.

18. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Welcome aboard Luey, I too am an ex-Illinoisian. Worked in Peoria for that big yellow god, Caterpillar for 31 years till I could get out of there. Am now back home in Arkansas where I started. If you have questions of any kind concerning catfishing or fishing in general, outboards, boats, dogs, hunting, etc., all you need to do is ask. Got people on board that has expertise in just about anything. Best part it's all free.

19. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Alright Squirtpop. I actually had a chance to go on a fieldtrip from school to the Caterpillar plant near Aurora Il. Lived in Aurora for a few years also. I have been all over the place in the Chicagoland area.

I also see you worked in the QC department? cool, I have been doing QC for a number of years now.