New catfisherman are getting hooked

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bottom_rig, May 22, 2006.

1. bottom_rig

bottom_rig New Member

State:
    baltimore, md
    here in baltimore we've the number of catfisherman up a little in numbers. me and my good bud catfish religously all around the baltimore region, our friends always wonder what in hell were always doin, we reply "catfishin", they dont get it and usually respond "man, again" or "that time of year", everytime they call were on a river, bay, pond, puddle. well im proud to say a few of the younger (19-21 range) fellas came out a few weeks ago with us to one of our cat spots, there hooked. theyve been out there troopin with us from 3pm to 3am catchin channels, blue, bullheads and other fish. its been intresting teaching someone whos never fished or fished little in there lives how to bait a hook with liver, shrimp etc. how to cast, how to rig a line, identify fish. etc. we call them to tell them were up at our old river spot, and there usually already out on someother body of water enjoying life. just thought id share with yall.
    attached is some of the cats the youngins caught,

Attached Files:

2. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Yeah their hooked. Good goin.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    That is awesome!! Nice to see you guys are having fun!!!!!!!!

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :lol: LOL NICE FISH FELLOWS. WELCOME TO THE BOC. ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I DO. GREAT PLACE TO HANG OUT AND LEARN A LOT.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Those are some nice, channels.

6. m.a.p.

m.a.p. New Member

State:
    louisiana
    When They Catch That First Fish That's It. They Will Never Be The Same. Now They Are Like A Circle Hook No More Pulling They Have Set The Hook Themselves.

7. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Its always nice to see people helping new people in enjoying something I love so dear! The out doors is the place to be not on the couch! Reps to you for sharing!

8. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Good job getting not only more people into fishing for cats but for doing so in the MD area... I fish the area between Bmore and DC myself. If you ever want an extra body out there give me a shout... if i can get off work and get out with you i will be there.

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I go to Baltimore to play music and my old buddy and drummer lives just a few blocks from the water. I keep trying to get him to go fishing but he says he doesn't have the patients. When we play in Fells Point, I'm always looking at the water wanting to get some bait out there. Maybe one of these days I'll talk him into going. You seem to be doing a great job with those guys. Keep it up.

10. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Great job,nice fish.It works most the time that if you take them fishing and teach them they will fish for a lifetime.Again great job.
    :0a23:

11. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's nice to see another fisherman take the time to teach others the sport! Great job brother, kudos to ya!

12. bottom_rig

bottom_rig New Member

State:
    baltimore, md
    i, like you all, are extremely happy to be showing someone the sport that we all love so much. its a trip and im enjoying every minute of it. thanks for the hearty response from you all.
    and photocat if your every planning on fishing around the baltimore area drop me a line. take care
    mike

13. Tellico00

Tellico00 New Member

State:
    Collierville, T
    I also think what you are doing is fantastic! Introducing new people to a great sport, one that they will enjoy the rest of their life. Excellent job.

14. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Without catfishing mentors like yourselves, I, at the tender age of 12, would of never been introduced to the wonderful life that catfishing is!!!:big_smile: