New Catfish Equipment

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by RiverKid, Feb 4, 2009.

1. RiverKid

RiverKid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I didnt know if I could put this in here or break it down in catgories and put it in the rod/reel/etc... forums. Hope it dont offend anyone. Anyways, I just recentlly started doing a major over hual on equipment. An was just looking for a little feed back.

First Item: Abu Garcia 6500c3 Baitcast Reel w/ 50# Braided Power Pro line, on a 7' Berkley Big Game Power Series Rod Med-Heavy Casting (from Walmart:which Im thinking of switching to an Ugly Stick, because Im not sure if I like the Sensitivity) the set-up:1oz bank sinker with 12" 30# wire Lead w/ an Octopus Hook....***My new Flattie Set-up***

Second Item: Bass Pro PFlueger Criterion Spincast (4 ball Bearings) w/ 50# (at 12 # diameter) Braided Power Pro Line(only because I had it left Im changing it to 20#), on a 6'6" Shakespreare Medium action. w/ half oz slip sinker to a 30# wire lead w/ a circle hook

And now Im on my way to Dick's Sporting goods for another, atleast to price another. Please Leave some feedback on what you think, I do well with constructive critism, so you aren't going to hurt my feelings. Thanks Everyone, Im glad to have stumbled on this site.:big_smile_2:

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    sounds like your doing just fine. :wink: if your wanting to try an ugly id suggest the catfish series that can also can be found at walmart somtimes on sale cheep.

3. RiverKid

RiverKid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Bud Its much appreciated.

4. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    sounds good to me. where are you fishing? lake? small river?

5. RiverKid

RiverKid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sangamon River in Illinois...

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    So far all i have are ugly sticks in the catfish series from academy, and they work just fine

7. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    JMO, but for the $$$, I don't think you can beat the Ugly Sticks, I've got about 10 combos with'em & love 'em

Sounds like your on the right path:wink: Good Luck....

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    instead of using a half ounce sinker id go ahead and use the 1ounce that way you know in deeper water your getting to the bottom.You may have to go heavier depending on the current and depth.

9. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    I have five ugly sticks catfish rods they are great rods.
    I use the 6000&7000 abu reels with them they work great together.