New Catfish Book?? Input please

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CaptainBrad, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Josey1965

Josey1965 Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Name:
    Josey
    One thing I have noticed about catfisherman of all skill levels is the argument over baits...

Stink baits, prepared baits, home made "secret recipes", etc.

small catfish will eat just about anything. Bigger ones tend to be a little more picky. But, I have caught some decent size cats on bait I would not have expected bigger fish to bite

2. Zigarro

Zigarro Well-Known Member

State:
    N. Texas
    Name:
    L.W.
    Haha~ you had me scratchin my head for a second! :confused:

3. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Well-Known Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I have been thinking about these suggestions and some I have gotten over the past years. Bait seems to be a big one and now as technology keeps getting better electronics.

Let me tell you why I have avoided writing about bait and probably will continue to not write about it. Different parts of the country have different baits. I have always taken the approach that if I help you define where to put the bait you can find the best bait to use in your location.

As for technology, I love tech and talking about it, in fact I travel around speaking about it during the off season. The reason I tend to not write to much about technology (at least in my first books) was because it changes so fast. For example, When I wrote Catfish Code Humminbird's top unit was an 1199. That is already two generations old. MEGA and AutoChart Live did not even exist just six years ago.

I have gotten many ideas from this thread so keep em coming.

Catpaw, Zeke and BATTLE CAT like this.
  4. Pixelfish

Pixelfish Member

State:
    you need to put your state in here
    Name:
    Cody Miller
    I feel your pain on technology. Part of my main job I write technical guides for software. By the time they are officially published and distributed we are already 2 to 3 software updates ahead.

If you do something like how to read images for catfish or something like that I'd package it as more like an online pamphlet with pictures and explanations instead of a full on book. Maybe add some things like how to level your transducer and stuff that is not usually found in your manual and doesn't change every few years, but helps people out.

CaptainBrad likes this.
  5. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Well-Known Member

State:
    North Dakota
    UPDATE: I have been reading a study series about bass and found a really neat format of old that I think i am going to use. With that I can utilize much of suggestions here and mix it with my research and come up with a pretty cool product.

The gear section is mostly done. The how to section and rest will probably get started after the 2018 guiding season.

Thanks

Catpaw likes this.