new casting combo

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by tomsfishing4, Dec 27, 2009.

1. tomsfishing4

tomsfishing4 New Member

State:
    pa
    im looking to get a new casting combo and open for suggestions im new to casting so i need something simple yet strong enough for the new state record im planning to reel in this summer:smile2: any ideas?

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    As far as reels, I like the abu 6500c3. A bit pricey but worth every penny
    and If you decide you don't like fishing with a baitcaster they're easy to sell. How much you looking to spend?

3. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    i just got the abu 6500 bronze cat and its pretty sweet. i like the 8' Uglystick catfish rods as well

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Tom - The amount of money your looking to spend is the determining factor in a casting combo. I personlly own several Abu Garcia 7000 ICS Prorocket Reels mounted on Catfish Safari Flathead Rods. Sweet combos but will set you back around $250 plus shipping.

5. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I personally would recommend a TWC rod with a 6xxx abu of some sort (well, maybe not the BCX). I just got two TWC rods for xmas and they are some baddd rods! They look great mounted with similar abus (one 6500TC "green cat and the other a 6600C3), powerhandles on both. These will be my new "go to" rods, backed by some whuppin sticks, ugly sticks, and glowsticks...

If you dont want to spend that much for the combo, I would HIGHLY reccomend a Ming Yang CL60 mounted on a 8ft H whuppin stick. Great combo that you could pick up for around $75.

Attached Files:

6. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I would like to see your fishing room, I think I would lose it with all those high end combos in there!

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Them new setups are looking good Mike!:cool2:

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    If your ever in my neighborhood Mike stop in for a beer and we can bs and hang out in "the fishing room"! :big_smile:

9. tomsfishing4

tomsfishing4 New Member

State:
    pa
    thanks alot guys it looks like im goin for a cabelas king cat pole with some sort of abu on it do those abu's mentioned happen to have the bait clickers?

10. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    mostly all abu's in the 6xxx series have clickers (there are a few exceptions). The ones mentioned here (C3, C4, TC) all in fact have clickers.

11. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I got like the smae rug in my living room..lol...sweet looking setups too!!!

12. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    hey mike looks like santa had you on the good list this year lol, sweet rig's bro. you should be able to get out past the first two breaker's with them. i too got some new toys this x-mas..lol...tight line's..justin

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009