New camp chef

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by n2fishn, Mar 31, 2009.

1. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I just bought a new camp chef two burner outdoor burner.Also bought the BBQ grill box that set's on one burner.

I been wanting one of these for a long time and ran across one that I couldn't turn down for the price.

Plus they threw in a camp chef turkey cannon in for free.Its to do a turkey beer but style..:roll_eyes::crazy:Looks like a tail pipe from a 57 chevy..:smile2::smile2:I'm trying this sucker out this weekend.

I will be the camp cook at the gathering now...:tounge_out::smile2:

Or at least it will be there for anyone to use..:eek:oooh:

2. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    We do a lot of the beercan chicken the turkey thing sounds cool now just need to find me one of those tail pipes :smile2:

3. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    LUCKY %^&*(@# :wink::smile2:
    I've been waiting for Sportsmans Warehouse to drop their prices again. Hopefully they'll still have some when I've got money.:roll_eyes:

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    The wife is more excited than I am knowing that I will be cooking alot for a while...:smile2:

But i like to cook fish outdoors and all i had was a single burner.
    Made it hard to fry fish and tator's now I have two burners so should be simpler.Plus the grill box is great for just her and me for small meals.

5. wedge17.6

wedge17.6 New Member

State:
    copan ok
    Way to go!!! U will love it, I have had mine for about three years. Mine is the 3 burner with the box like yours and we use it all of the time on the deck or out camping. We also bought the steel griddle that they sell its also great. have fun cooking.
    lwest

6. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    I got to see this inspirational cooking equipment. Tailpipe Turkey sounds
    like a great thing to see cooked and a gastronomic experience for the
    brothers close enuff to grab some of the juicy goodness! Droolin already!

7. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Good deal Tom, that sounds nice.
    I VOTE you as camp chef.:roll_eyes::smile2:

8. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    I also have the 2 burner and BBQ box, have never used the BBQ we just cook everything on the cast iron griddle pancakes/eggs to steaks/hamburger. If you see one of the turkey cookers they are easy too make, bought they are stainless steel but an exhaust pipe will work, but will also rust.

9. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I cook a couple pork-chops in the grill box last night just to break it in and it work nice.I put some wood chips in foil and layed it under the grill top and it woked like a little smoker.

I want to get the griddle next.

The turkey cannon I got is also made by Camp-chef and it is stainless steel.It would be easy to make one but I got this one free:wink:

10. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Tom you got to get some pics up of this thing. Maybe a pic of you cooking up some mean grub over it.

11. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    I also need a picture...........is it the one with the oven or the coleman stove looking thing or the 2 burner turkey burner looking deal with legs!!

I'm a big fan of fried potatoes, eggs and sausage in a toasted tortilla with some cheese and a semihot salsa for dipping............is that breakfast at the mega????????

12. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I hope so.:roll_eyes: Thats what we always make for breakfast when campin. Sometimes for dinner too.:smile2:

13. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    The 'tatars are more work than I like, but could eat that 24/7 or until a coronary takes me:wink:. Maybe do spam for a change up:sad2:.

14. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    2 burner turkey burner looking deal with legs!!

But this bad boy is ready for the fowl weather with its 60.000 BTU of power cooking your fried potatoes, eggs and sausage in a toasted tortilla with some cheese and a semihot salsa for dipping:smile2::smile2::smile2:

15. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    From the sound of it Tom I think its gonna get good and broke in with all the food we are going to have there. I can already fill a waist size change comin on.:smile2:

16. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Tom, and don't forget the BIG FROSTY MUG OF BEER!:eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

17. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    OK Tom, its payday,.. Sportsman Warehouse is on my way home,...They dropped the price again,...I BLAME you. :crazy:
    We ought to have plenty of cooking surface at the gathering:wink::smile2:

18. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Well, guess I'm gonna be spending my time at the gathering hanging
    around Tom's camp doing my imitation of Wimpy from the old Popeye
    cartoon's. Except I'm not obsessive about hamburgers. I think turkey
    sandwiches are an American classic and if there are fried fish around
    I won't turn them down either. I will have a man's work before me,
    I do believe. With one of Jerold's mutant beers to wash it down.

19. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    :smile2::smile2:...Just dont tell the wife it was me that made you do it:smile2:

But I know you will like it,but sounds like you were like me looking at them for a long time.
    Are you getting the grill box?

I cooked a big pot of stew on it last night in the old dutch oven.
    The wife is coming up with all kinds of things for me to try on it cooking out in the old goose shack (grarge):smile2:

My goal is to get the griddle before the gathering and I will be set.
    And plus I want a couple of 16" skillets too:wink:

20. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Its looking like Ray and me will be able to add a couple of inches to your waist Michale.....

I will have a BBQ grill,smoker and now the outdoor burner there.Not a great chef but there will be food on and going all weekend...:wink: