New CA State Record Blue

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by KnotGillty, Jul 25, 2008.

1. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    A new California State Record Blue Cat was caught recently at San Vicente in So Cal. It was a 113# blue cat that was supposedly landed on 12 pound test line. This is among the top 5 blues all time on rod & reel.

The fish of a lifetime for sure. . .

Attached Files:

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    thanks for posting the pic thats a dandy of a fish wheeeeeeew

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    WOW.......

Thanks for the post Randy.... thought that Brian "blueHunter" owned that lake.... using world class equipment I see.....

Bayrunner Ray

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    WOW!!!! What a fish. No matter what happened that is a monster.

5. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Yep, huge fish. It's gonna be a few years until someone catches another big San Vicente Blue, The lake is now closed for repairs to the dam.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a very nice fish. Thanks for the post

7. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    What a beast of a fish that is. Thanks for posting the pic!

8. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
  9. massa_blake

massa_blake New Member

State:
    Texas
    That is an awsome fish thanks for sharing the picture.

10. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Sorry to say don't think it lived to fight another day:sad2:, a few more years most likely could have had been a world record , probably not more then a hand full left in that lake that will ever be able to reach that size:crazy: its to bad the blues don't reproduce in that lake , from what I have heard the blues haven't been stocked for a lot of years there, that fish was most likely stock from the mid 80's, o well guess he needs to feed the tribe

11. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Wow! Aewsome fish! I wonder how much it weighed BEFORE it was dried like jerky!

12. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    just reading the local fishing board and it said "But It is also unknown that they had 7 other blues brought in as well. Several of those may have been trophies too. The water level is dropping at San V and this may actually make it easier to locate some of these monsters." guess they had a big tribe

The water level is being brought down for dam improvements going to raise the dam nearly 100 feet giving the lake a depth of over 200 feet:crazy: the lake will close some time this month and not open back up until sometime after 2014

13. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    thats just rediculous to keep that many fish like that....I never care about that but listen jack$$$$ if your fishing to eat go to a place thats plentiful with eaters and dont go eat the only trophies we got left you guys are a disgrace to fishing and sicken me to see and hear about fish like that being takin out of a lake that guy can you know what to me!!!!!!:angry:

14. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    not trying to ruffle any feathers but seriously they could have handled that much better...Maybe im a little too emotional about it because I would release in a heartbeat after I photo log it whatever and keep it alive come one RESPECT THE KATTYSHARK!!!!!!!:big_smile:

15. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    i dont see a problem with keeping the fish as long as they will be eaten. I wouldn't personally keep one that size but that is me, i will never insult someone who does.

16. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Sorry guys not insulting the guy eating it if he really wants to thats his choice but really come on the lake/state record?....doesnt make sense and if your fishing to eat is that not efficient fishing going for the monster? way easier to catch eaters than it is to fish for big fish like that and he had to be fishing for that kind of fish if he got it didnt he?

17. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I would have let that monster go. Maybe his family could have really used the meat. I personally think the meat isn't as good once they get too big. What is the deal with blues not reproducing in this San Vicente. They live there, but don't reproduce? I think that might be similar to PineFlat. At the store they have stuffed blues that were caught there. Why can't flatties and blues be introduced to Cali waters? I love fishing for channels and I don't really care too much for bullheads, but why can't we go down to the river or slough and pull out 20+ #ers like it aint shit. The biggest cat I have ever caught was 14#er.

18. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    WORD ON THAT!!!!! LOL I hate it when im fishing and im pulling in 8lbrs and some smaller but here thats a bigger sized cat and all over this site there is people catching them on the norm like water WHERE ARE THE BIG KITTIES AT? now this is assuming im a good fisherman or am I?:eek:oooh: