New Ca. Channel Cat Record

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by plumbertom1, Oct 23, 2008.

1. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
  2. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thanks Tom for the picture. Just think the actual weight may have beaten the previous record by 10 lbs. Catching a fish that size doesn't come by chance, he has been practicing as much as he can i am sure!

3. woodchucker

woodchucker New Member

State:
    La Quinta,Ca
    That is a HUGE channel cat.I have heard the fall channel bite at the delta is second to none.

4. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Wow and did you hear in the article about the 70 some lb. blue cat? Out of the upper san joaquin? Crazy!!

5. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Looks a little late for C&R.:smile2:
    Nice fish.

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the post Tom...... I might have had that fish on several times on the San Joaquin river...... been broken off many times in one 30 ft hole on the water above the interstate.... I-5...... I have been thinking of going back to the area with Bert this Thanksgiving... got that hole, and another spot that I want to try out..... Like the shad are everywhere... just boiling all over the top of the water, and fishing is good..... Have to get back to Bert and set the dates... but it will be the week prior to xgiving....sat, sun, mon, tue..... got new places to camp at rather than the Brannen Island spot..... further south in the San J... like at "Mossdale" and places south of there.....two days there, and then maybe off to brannen Island and the Moke river and Sac....

Any takers??

Bayrunner Ray

7. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    nice post Tom ,thanks for the pics

8. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Ray, I may be able to make this trip with you.
    My problem is financial. I have to wait until it gets closer to the time to go before I can commit.
    This stock market drop has my reserve funds in a mess.
    I don't want to sell off any of my shares while they are so far down in value. Right now it's only a paper loss and if I sell it becomes a real loss.
    So I have to live on just my SSD and that don't leave much for entertainment.

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    wow what a beast of a channel cat. amazing fish that one is. thanks for the pics.

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I read in Sniffer, that he will have it mounted for his wall:wink: Thats a state record.........

11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :crazy:
    "OK - That's it - Yea - That did the trick - Now I know that I'm ready Ray"!!!!!!!!!!
    :0a23:
    and you can blame it all on my Buddy Tom for posting that article of that Channel.
    :wink:

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a great looking fish. Congrats to him

13. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Well my life is a big FRICKIN mess right now or I'd wedge myself right in between ya'll on that trip. Have any of you ever noticed large flathead are beutifull and large channels and blues are ugly as hell ?

14. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Nice:smile2:Congrats on your record catch

15. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    That's funny, every big fish I catch is purdy enough to kiss...hehe

:roll_eyes:

16. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks Tom, for the pic's and the info

17. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    that's a huge channel catfish :crazy::wink: its sure good to see it not coming out of a pay lake and was free roaming wild fish.

Tom thanks for the post, hope ya get back out on the water soon,
    man it sucks when a man can't go fishing cuz of someone else s doing, hope things get moving here real quick, I had to lay off 5 guys last week and the rest(20) had to cut there hours back to 24hr's a week and not much work for those. Think I'm going to have to take a big pay cut for myself and that's going to really suck. Could mean that I may have to pull my trailer off of the river:sad2: and that would suck so so bad I don't even want to think about it:angry: thing just have to get better , Right?:confused2:

18. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Man Dale, pulling your rig from the river would really suck. How many years you had that spot?
    Maybe you could find someone to time share with so you could keep it.

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :crazy:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Things just wont be the same if that happens. I can't even see the Ca/Az Gathering even taking place without "Big Dale" there on the bank of the River.
    (I don't even want to think about that)
    :sad2:

But really - Things just got to get better & soon Buddy. :cross:

20. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Wouldn't move it from the river just won't be on the river, will put it in storage, would save me something like $350 month, not a for sure thing as yet just in the back on my mind on things to cut. Just wouldn't use it as much as i do now which means not as much fishing:sad2:at lest at the river:embarassed:. I like just paying for the spot month to month just to have it sitting ready to use but its something that can be worked around if need be, only thing is if i move it off of the river i'll never will be able to put it back on the rivers edge and that's what really sucks