New Business

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Chris, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I am starting a BBQ catering business, I started out by doing a favor for a freind and one thing lead to another, Next year I will be a KCBS BBQ judge. Now this is where I really need the help. I need a name for my catering business does anyone have any ideas?

thanks
    chris

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    "Hot wings on the fly". LOL. "Traveling BBQ".
    "We bring the food to you" LOL.
    Thats good news Chris. Own business. Something you like to do and judgeing too. Sounds good. :thumbsup:

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    That's great, Chris. Here's wishing you best of luck. I'm not sure about a name, what will your specialty be: ribs, whole hog, chicken, etc? Will you be working out of Beaufort? Sauces are different aroung the country and even the state, not sure what the Beaufort area prefers. Around my area, most people probaly use a vinegar based sauce. I have grilled ribs with a rub that is really great, too, but whole hog, I prefer the vinegar based sauce.

4. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I will be moving back to Kansas City, I should have my business running strong by the time I move back to Kansas City. My specialty will be ribs, brisket, and pulled pork.

chris

5. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm not very good with names!! But thats great that your gonna open your a business here it's alot of hard work but it should pay off! Good luck :rock-big: :rock-big: :rock-big:

oh yeah! are you gonna be a sauce or rub kinda guy? I kow there lot's of different opnions about it

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Chris.Sounds great.I hope everything works out for you.I do love my Bar-B-Q.Peewee-williams

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    best of luck with that new buisness. hope nothing but the best for ya.

"rib wagon"

this spring with all the cat fillets i had everytime 5-6 of us would get sogather somewhere and get to drinking some cocktails someone would say rich go get the fish wagon. thats what they called my pickup. ide go home and return 30 min later with a turkey fryer and the cast iron skillet and a couple trays and some batter and cook fish right on the tailgate. it was like a mobil fish wagon. lol.

8. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Home BBQ and then put
    At Your Home on the business card

9. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    I would love to catering BOC gatherings.

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    How about "Off the Bone" Chris or since your a Jarhead :) how about U.S.M.C. (United States Meat Cooker (or Caterer)) LOL

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    good luck, chris - nothing more important to an independent businessman than his reputation

12. GS-Rock

GS-Rock New Member

State:
    FORT SILL, OK
    good luck with your business, i saw the food channel like 3 mo ago it was like BBQ weekend and they showed all there cook offs all over the US and they showed kansas, but i fav was then they showed texas, they had some good looking ribs and other good BBQ