Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last bumping rod I'll probably ever buy came in today. I have 3 now and a musky rod (I don't really count that one as a bumping rod). It's definitely Madkatz quality. Very light rod so the big Okuma Komodo 471p doesn't seem too heavy. It balances pretty well to me. Don't know what that's worth since I haven't tried bumping yet, just info for guys/gals stuck on options. Handle and reel seat feels great. Guides and wraps are top notch.
Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Wood Flooring Floor
Brown Couch Comfort Musical instrument Flooring
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Gas Drill Motor vehicle
Peripheral Microphone Audio equipment Input device Wood
Sleeve T-shirt Collar Sportswear Font
Musical instrument Drum Guitar accessory Musical instrument accessory Orange
Automotive tire Bicycle part Gas Cable Electronic device
Musical instrument Automotive tire Asphalt Flooring Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I saw someone post recently on Facebook that their rod got snatched out of their hand so make sure you're holding yours tight. Heard they hit extremely hard when you least expect it
I like your new set up. Never "bumped" but I am going go give it a go someday, from watching videos it appears it would be more exciting than free drifting.

·
Premium Member
11,793 Posts
Did you note that when Ramon got his last rods, he was thoughtful enough to get a nice pink rod for the wife. But when he got a 9 inch fillet knife he was thoughtful enough NOT to get his wife one. There is a hubby that knows wives don't need deadly weapons. haha

The bumping rigs would sure be fun on the James. The current should be just right for them.

tight lines.

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahahaha I did let her pick out a nice shirt and told her she could pick a bumping rod to use when we go out. But now she's says that's a nice knife so I may have to order her one or get her the 7 Inch knife. Gives me an excuse to order another rod if they come out with something else I like. I do have a nice 10' Venom arriving sometime this week for my Penn Slammer. Luckily shipping was free due to the 15% off since I didn't order it with the stuff I got today but I hadn't made up my mind on who's rod I wanted. They have a nice 12' dropping later this month with a Madkatz net and something else but I forgot what it was lol
Did you note that when Ramon got his last rods, he was thoughtful enough to get a nice pink rod for the wife. But when he got a 9 inch fillet knife he was thoughtful enough NOT to get his wife one. There is a hubby that knows wives don't need deadly weapons. haha

The bumping rigs would sure be fun on the James. The current should be just right for them.

tight lines.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts

tight lines.
Indeed! My dear little Frau is always asking why, her kitchen knives are so dull, when my knives are always shaving sharp...because my Mama didn't raise no fool, that's why!!

Ramon, hurry up and get back here so you can use those pretty toys to catch something!

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
J, how do you like your Komodo? If feels so smooth. I've always heard nothing but good things about St Croix. Before I could afford them I was turned off by their price lol go figure now I want to try one lol
That is a sick combo Ramon. I have the 364p Komodo and a St. Croix mojo cat. I love fishing with the lighter weight rod and reels.

·
Registered
Josh from Alabama
94 Posts
J, how do you like your Komodo? If feels so smooth. I've always heard nothing but good things about St Croix. Before I could afford them I was turned off by their price lol go figure now I want to try one lol
Yea, the Komodo was a dream reel of mine and it is so smooth and powerful. I have accumulated the 5 top end catfish reels and it is probably number 2 or 3 favorite. That is between avet sx, abu 6500, fathom, komodo and torium. I think the fathom is still the gold standard then would come either torium or komodo. Followed by 6500 and last avet sx. The mojo cat is just on another level of weight and strength. It literally feels like a bass rod that can deadlift a 5 gallon bucket of water. I think as someone that appreciates higher end fishing equipment you wouldnt be disappointed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts