New bow?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Wil, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    im looking into getting a new bow for this season and ive narrowed it down to a few that im really thinking on, if any of you have shot or knows someone who has shot these bows please let me know how they performed

Fred Bear Truth
    Martin Cheetah
    Parker PowerLine 2-Plus
    Reflex Rampage
    Browning Mirage
    Diamond Triumph

let me know thanks

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    im leanin towards the TRUTH

3. YankeeRebel

YankeeRebel New Member

State:
    Illinois
    All the Bows you listed are great bows. Ya even left out Bowtech but that's ok. LOL. But the main thing is for YOU to go shoot these bows & let yourself deside what you want in a Bow. There are a lot of fine bows out there now. It all comes back to you the shooter. I shoot a 2007 Bowtech Allegiance cause I went out and shot alot of Bows and when I shot the Allegiance I was sold!! It had the smoothness on the draw, the generous Valley, the forgiving brace Height and the Speed!! Go shoot the ones that you feel strongly about and let yourself be the judge. Happy shootin. Remember this........ The best bow out there is the one yer shootin'. Don't worry what others are shootin' ... shoot what makes you happy. :cool2:

4. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    I would have to agree with Curt, you need to shoot each bow and find one your comfortable with. Just check your local archery shops and ask to shoot them. You forgot Hoyt though. I'd stay a way from the Blowtech,:big_smile:. Just kidding, friend of shoots bowtechs, his alligance blew up on him 5th pull. Had a bad cam, anyway now I call them Blowtechs.

5. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I am a huge hoyt fan myself, but since it's not on your list, I would probably go with the diamond. It is made by bowtech i believe, and they make a helluva bow!

6. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I agree with a previous poster who said to shoot all of the ones you're interested in and buy the one YOU like the best.
    That being said, don't forget to check out the Ross bows. I love mine!

Eric

7. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    tried a traditional bow? Kinda like a bow without the training wheels. Puts you on a different skill level. I am no expert, but check with TONTO he makes them. :004:

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That is sound advice. A bow is a very personal weapon that should be like an extention of the shooters arm. There are a lot of good bows on the market, and any one of them will do the job. It's more a matter of finding one that fits you, your life style, and your hunting style.

9. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    i was BLESSED with the prililage of shooting the truth. and its sweet. im in love. im saving up for it right now. but thats just my opinion tho

10. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i should have me a truth bow by the weekend YAHOO!!!

11. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck with what ever bow you decide to buy. I have never shot any of those but I do know that all of them are great companies. I am sure you will enjoy shooting any of them. Oh, yeah! Just make sure to get the right draw length and draw weight. Get the bow that fits you and your shooting specs. You wouldn't believe how much better you will shoot with the right fitting bow. GOOD LUCK!!

12. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    im headin to cabelas tomorrow and im pickin up my bow!!! im excited!!!!!:big_smile::big_smile:

13. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Awesome! I hope you enjoy it. :big_smile:

14. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    hope you get it and all works out best of luck and always remeber it only will shoot great if you pratice shoot it every day if you can ...good luck with it and congrats it always fun to get a new anything.......:smile2::big_smile:

15. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i got it yesterday and i just sighted it in, I LOVE THIS THING

16. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    We want pics! :tounge_out:

17. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    just shot a truth not too long ago, fell in love with it right away. i'm picking it up sept. 13th cause thats when i can afford it, and bow season here in nc starts sept 15th... lol

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
  19. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Thanks, but I wont be happy until I see a pic of it laying atop a big ole buck! :big_smile:

20. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    haha i hear you brother! lol