New bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by dieselcat, Aug 26, 2009.

1. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Really thinking hard bout getting a new bow.went and shot the 2 bows on Monday eve that I've been thing about getting.I am considering getting either the PSE xforce omen or the xforce gx,both are very fast bows.I'm going tonight again to shoot them a little more then make my decision.will let you know what i end up with.

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Just remember SPEED isn't everything!! Just becasue the bow is capable of shooting IBO speeds of 340fps or more, doesn't mean it's a bow for everyone. I'm assuming you're a hunter. I would do the homework and find a bow that fits you to a T and that is accurate. The arrow weight will make up for the penetration you need for the humane kills!!

Some of these bow comapnies are so rapped up in this speed craze, it's pathetic. I would sooner shoot a slower rig lights out than shoot a bow that zings arrows at blistering speeds with poor accuracy!!

Not to steer you away from your bow purchase, but really test these bows and make the smart decision!!

Good luck and good shooting!!:wink:

3. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Yes i have done my homework now i'm just trying to make MY own decision on which to get.I know speed isn't everything.a fast miss is still a miss,1 of my uncles favorite sayings.the xforce series bows are very acurate bows.

4. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    spent some time shooting the 2 bows tonight.think I'm set on the xforce gx.both where smooth draw for a 2 cam bow,but the xforce omen which is the faster of the 2,had a harder break.once you got it past the break there wasn't any creeping and it was fast as lightning.the gx had a nice smooth draw all the way through and was also fast as lightning.going back Sunday to shoot a little more before i make my final decision on which to get.

5. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Finally i decided on a bow.I ended up getting the PSE XFORCE OMEN.So far i love it,got it hitting 3 outa 5 X's within 20 minutes of changing everything over.then realized i need to move the whole site down to the lower screw holes.Anyway with 29" draw,66lb draw weight,and 362 grain arrows this thing is flat haulin a$$ at 326 FPS.:crazy:can't wait to stick some deer with it.:big_smile:

6. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Good luck this year. Hope to see some pics.

7. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats on the new bow, hope let the air out of a biggun