new bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by bigcatkev, Mar 6, 2009.

1. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Has anyone heard of whisper creek archery? I shot a couple different models at the local bow shop and man these things are great. Absolutly one of the quietest bows and smoothest i have ever shot. They have one that is called a stealth lx and is only 25 inches and shoots like you wouldn't believe. I shoot a mathews and just sold it and i'm going to get one of these. Just wanted to know if anyone else has one.

2. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Never heard of them. Thanks for the info though I'm gonna have to look into one of those.:cool2:

3. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte
  4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Whisper Creek Archery. I have heard of them. Read about them in Bowhunter magazine and a few others. A fairly new bow comapny that's jumping on the band wagon. Never seen any reviews on the bows, but they look cool and probably a nice bow. The bow bow you mentioned has only a 25 axle to axle length. to me that sounds really short for a bow. I would think torqueing the bow or forgiveness would be an issue. Not to steer you away from your purchase, but I wouldn't consider buying one. I prefer bows that have a length of 32" or more on the axle to axle length.

Good luck on the purchase..:wink:

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Whisper Creek Archery. I have heard of them also . I shoot Browning bows , havent owned or tried any others . Sounds good though from what I have read and seen . A buddy of mine is thinking of getting one he was looking at over at town hall archery . Once I tell him you sold a mathews for a whisper creek he will jump on it Im sure .....lol

6. westvirginiacatfish

State:
    Ronceverte
    I agree that does seem a little short now that you mention it. I think my PSE is 31 or 32 axel to axel. I don't think I'd want to any shorter than that either. Let us know if you get how it works out. Good luck.:smile2:

7. KamoKing

KamoKing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yea I would like to hear more about Whisper Creek. I too shoot a Mathews Switchback and couldnt possibly think about trading it on anything, but they sound like good bows. Although since I spend most of my season waterfowling, I only deer hunt a handful of times.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Dang It Mark!! Now I gotta get a new bow. Mine is only 30" and change. Gives me an excuse to get a new one. :roll_eyes:

9. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Well finally got it and man this sucker is awsome bought it off ebay alot cheaper. No torque or nothing i agree that most short bows do but this thing is great. only weighs 3 1/2 pounds. if you get the chance to shoot one you'll love it. I shot every new bow out there the other day and for the money this thing is great but from what i seen the new bowtech was pretty sharp but of course alot more money. i paid 320 on ebay.

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Usually short draw archers 28" and shorter are better fitted with a shorter bow. Somewhere along the lines of 33" axle to axle and shorter. Archers with a draw length of 28" and longer, a bow of 34" and longer will fit them better. On the flip side, a longer bow offers more stability and forgiveness. Any serious paper shooter will use a longer bow that's heavier and more stable, with balance. Now we shooters love the shorter bows for tight quarter situations, without sacrificing accuracy. Ozzy! Your bow should be fine for you. I've seen your groups and I'm impressed with your improvements. You'll be pleased with the shorter and lighter bow for hunting and those long spot and stalk hikes. I won't go much shorter though. If another bow purchase is in your mind, I would stick with a bow 30" and longer. those bow companies that make bows really short and small, don't grab my attention at all. I think the bows lack the stability and forgiveness we need for an accurate shot. An accomplished archer could probably be deadly accurate with a bow like this, but for an AVERAGE JOE, not so much.

If your serious about another bow purchase, check out the Alphamax by Hoyt. This bow is smoking. Available in 32" or 35". I've tested one and I'm sold. This fall, one is going home with me!!

The comment about the draw length and length of bow match for a person is, because of the draw angle of the bow string, relative to the string length. Gotta try them, before buying them!!

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    That's great! Good shooting to you and I'm glad your happy with the new bow!! If you get the chance, please post some pics of her!! I would like to see the setup Kevin!!

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thanks Mark. :smile2: My draw is 26" at about 62 pounds. My bow is 30 5/8" axle to axle. I have 3 kinds of arrows right now. My first arrows are carbon fury 6075 w/ 125 tips and blazers are at 450 gr. My Easton Full Metal Jacket's at 456 gr. My Gold Tips are at 402 and fast, fast, fast. The last two have 4" vanes. i like both vanes.

Attached Files: