new bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by santeecat12, Jan 17, 2009.

1. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    hey everybody i got a new bow it is a hoyt international bow and i am just starting out shooting and i want to know what yall think about this bow and how yall think it would work for a first timer.

and the draw weight is 40 pounds.:0a31:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hoyt makes fine bow's. I have one but usually shoot my PSE just cause it's sentimental. If ya need any help getting started, there are lots of good bowyers here willing to help. Archery is a fine sport and good exercise too. Good luck and hope you enjoy it.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Congrats on the new bow. Hoyt is a longtime company so Im sure its a good bow. Any questions just ask, like John said theres alot of experienced archers here.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I forgot to say,make sure you dont wear yourself out and shoot to many arrows. I only shoot about 20-25 at a time, 2-3 times a week. It keeps ya from getting sloppy.

5. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Good luck and watch your arm on those releases (ouch) !

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hoyt makes great bows for youth bows. I believe your Hoyt International is a compound bow made for younger shooters. Correct me if I'm wrong! Anyhow, You have made a great decision on the bow purchase! Hoyt is a strong leader in bow manufacturing. Their bows have been proven on the tournament, Olympic and hunting fields. Good luck with your bow and practice smart. Don't wear yourself out by flinging to many arrows at once. Just practice maybe 2 to 3 times a weeks and keep it to approx. 20 shots a day. Make sure your form, release and stance is the same every time you shoot. Have someone who is educated in Archery, watch you shoot! They can give you tips to help your shooting.

Good luck. Aim small and miss small!! Good shooting Harley!!:wink:

Mark..