New Bow Purchase!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by bownero, Oct 23, 2008.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Well I thought to myself that I would never do it, but I bought a traditional bow. My friend had this bow for a couple of years and asked me last night if I would like to buy it. Couldn't refuse the offer. It's a Dakota Longbow made by Rick Welch. The riser is made of Bacote wood and the limbs are made of (Zebrawood)? I think. It's a thing of beauty and I always liked shooting it in the past. Hopefully with enough practice I'll be ready for the season next year. Compound guys take note! I'm NOT going totally traditional, I still love my compound, but I need a little diversity in archery. If you guys never had shot traditional, give it a try. It's a blast!!! It will make you a better shooter and make those bow shooting muscles stronger too!!

$200 bucks for a custom longbow!! Darn right I'm buying it!!!:wink:

Here's the pics.

Attached Files:

2. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice buy! Good luck on your "old school" quest next year........olj

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thats a nice looking bow there Mark. Im sure Willie will be hooting at it. :cool2: Looks like the community is growing here. I just got mine back together and ready to practice. I want a traditional bow also, maybe next year, no rush at this point.

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    More toys for the boys!! Gotta love archery!!:smile2::wink: Love my wife for letting me buy it!! Glad she sees it my way and supports my hobbies and interests!!!!!

5. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    Great looking bow Mark. Hopefully I can get myself a traditional bow next year. I always liked recurves.

6. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Man thats a nice lookin' bow! I am planning on getting one this winter also. And hopefully I will be able to practice enough throughout the year to stick a critter next fall. I don't imagine I am gonna want to use the compound after going the traditional route. Let us know how the practicing is workin' out!

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
  8. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Sweet lookin bow, that wood is a work of art. Heck of a steal on it too. Custom made traditionals are really getting expensive today. Good luck.

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Looks like ya got it for the money Mark. Sweet lookin bow, good luck with it.

10. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska

11. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice bow. I've kicked around the idea of getting another one. I've had a couple over the years. But, I never hunted with them. I always wanted to make my own, make my own arrows, and string, and find some old indian arrowheads, or make my own and hunt with it. Would'nt it be a blast to shoot a trophy that way? Now that's old school!

12. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Mark that is a beautiful bow. i learned to shoot with a longbow and hunted for a good while with a recurve,then i went with a compound. haven't archery hunted in a few years as i was always working but i enjoyed it though. seeing that bow brought back alot of memories. had a lot of fun hunting deer with that recurve. my dad had a beauty of a bow that he had for years until it finally snapped while stringing it up. broke my heart when that happened. thanks for the pics and for stirring up some great memories for me. hope you make some good memories with your new bow brother. let us know if you get anything with it. oh if it is possible can you post some more pics of your bow as i would like to show my dad as i know he will love the looks of yours.

13. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Here's the pictures you requested! Thanks for the interest of the bow. Hope you and your father enjoy them!

Dakota Pro Hunter
    Built by Rick Welch
    3 piece takedown Longbow
    Bacote or Cocobolo Riser
    50# at 28" draw
    Limbs have wood and carbon laminates

Thanks!
    Mark..

Attached Files:

14. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Here's one more!!

Attached Files:

15. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Nice bow!
    I have a Bear recurve that I enjoy shooting more so than my compound. I always did like shooting the traditional bows. I havent hunted with mine because its only 35lbs at 28in. Its legal to use in my state but I just dont want to take that chance of not getting a good shot on a deer. I'll take pics this comming week and post them. Good luck with that bow. I think you will really like it.

16. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    thanks for the pics Mark, can't wait to show my dad. much appreciated brother.