New bow or hunting bow for bowfishing

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by blackhorse83, Mar 19, 2006.

1. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I been thinking about a new bow for bowfishing,I've always just striped my hunting bow and and used it. But I think any reason for a new toy is a good reason. I don't use sights when bowfishing, so I have to set it back up every fall, and make sure that it don't rust and its a little pricey for that kind of abuse. Been thinking about a good used bow for fishing.

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I used to do that. I went to a few pawn shops and found an old recurve and put a hand wrap on it and went bow fishing. I have updated since i did that. PSE has a nice take down recurve right around $100.00 and just get a reel and your ready at anytime. I have the PSE Kingfisher takedown bow with an AMS Retriever on it with the dove tail so I can remove it off the bow so I can put it in the small case I have for it. I have the Dream rest made by F&D Archery and use fiberglass arrows tipped with Muzzy fish points with the AMS slide system on the arrows. This works well for me. I have a Ben Pearson recurve as a back up bow with the same reel and arrow set up on it. Both bows are #50 draw. Pm me and I'll give you some great bowfishing sites I belong to for you to check out. I'm the Bowfishing Assn. of America, State Rep. for Ohio.

3. Vulture

Vulture New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Hey Desperado, I have read some of your posts. It sounds like you know a thing or two about bowfishing. I have an 1995 Martin bow I would like to convert over to a fishingbow. Do you have any suggestions on a good starter kit? Looking for everything I need so I can chase carp in my area.
    Any info would help.
    Thanks

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I would say to look for the AMS fishing kit. it has a retriever reel, an arrow with a muzzy fish point and a video called Reel fishing. It's a great video. Some like the spincast reels but there are more pros than cons with a retriver system. You can order the stuff on line. Just drop me a pm for the web sites. since I have tried to put them up for gys to order bowfishing suppies and it gets taken down.