New BOC Recipe Book

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Whistler, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Above is the link to the new Recipe Section Table Of Contents. In the interest of keeping the recipes in an easy to read and organized state, the recipe threads themselves have been locked so they can't be modified. We will copy new recipes from the discussion pages as we see them. We won't move anything in an active discussion, however, once the discussion has ran it's course we'll move it and get it posted. There are some very good recipes in there. All provided by our members. If you have a good recipe to offer, post it and we'll add it as soon as we can. There has always been an interest in this section and we hope this is an improvement and makes it easy to use. Kris(Eithne) helped put this together and will be monitoring it from here out. If you see any errors or think we can improve it, please don't hesitate to PM one of us. Thanks to all who have contributed over the years.

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    HOLY LORD!

This is another example of a situation where the BOC went WAY WAY beyond the regular call of duty.

I thank you for making this easy and fun to browse through. And thanks for doing it. I suppose leaving old threads to lie in waiting is fine by me... but you brought it into one easy-to-pick application that gives the user much more access on one page and doesnt discourage them by making em sift through many many pages.

You guys rock.

If you want to put it in print and make a real hard copy recipe book, let me know... I will help any way I can while I still have time online.

-God Bless.

sal

3. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks Sal! I can't take all the credit though. Kris did her part too. Her speed typing got this out today instead of possibly next week! LOL Besides the library, this section is the one other section where we have compiled tons of info from members for members. Some are active members and some have rode on off into the sunset, so to speak. But all of these recipes were given to the BOC family as a gift. Either at the request of a member for a recipe or just to share an old family recipe with our family. This section in reality is one that belongs to everyone. We will adjust it to the needs of the community. Suggestions and corrections are always welcome.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    cant wait to try some! Thanks BOC your the best.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I love it staff peoples! I went in there and looked around for quite a while this afternoon, and realized how much effort it must've taken to organize/move all of those recipes. Thank you Kris and Bryan for your hard work on this project. I actually had no IDEA how many recipes we had floatin' around here! WOW!!! :cool2:

6. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    I've just gotta say, I could not help but get hungry while going through those recipes. We have some mighty fine cooks on the BOC. I have already tried (and loved) a few of those recipes and definitely plan on trying some more. :eek:oooh:

As Bryan already said, please don't hesitate to PM one of us if you see an error or have any suggestions. I'll be updating the Table of Contents regularly so that no one misses out on the newer recipes.

Happy cooking!:big_smile:

7. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Great idea! This will make it so much easier to find recipes. I can't wait to try some more of these great recipes.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks Kris and Brian!

Just reading this post and recalling some of the recipes, made me hungry too. I'm having a BLT plain, with sun-dried tomato flavored Pringles. Yummmmmy. Then it's off to pick up several of the packages from Angel Food Ministries that TDawg posted a while back, for 4 different families. That is a hidden quality food source! The steaks were Angus beef and you could gum them and they would melt in your mouth.

I owe y'all pixie dust, but I'll return.
    Take care.
    Cheryl

9. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    That is a great collection of recipe's I was browsing thru and found armidilo I didnt think you could eat em,I guess you learn somethin new everyday thanks

10. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Just wanted to let you all know that the Member Cookbook Table of Contents was updated today. It's been rather slow in this section for the last few weeks, but we did get a few new recipes.

My firehall's Ladies Auxiliary is putting together a recipe book of our family and firehall favorites this summer and I've gotten a few things from my friends and family to put in. I'll also be posting some of my recipes here once I get them all typed up on the computer.

If anyone else has been holding onto something they just want everyone to try, please post it! I'd love to add some more recipes to the list and maybe even try them for myself. :smile2:

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great Idea. I look forward to reading all the no fat and sugar free articles. An excellent Idea. Good Job.:big_smile: :eek:oooh:

12. Donette

Donette New Member

State:
    minnesota
    Wow! Perfect. That's all I can say, and that says it all. I really enjoy this family!

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Why i say,,,Why am i just now discovering this buried treasure. I love to cook, and a dang good judge of fine vittles. Thanks ya'll

14. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    I put a recipe for grandmama's catfish stew in the thread under camping for Dutch Ovens, please feel free to use it. No real healthy, but is sure is good. Ronnie

15. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Can I just say that THIS IS THE BEST ONLINE SITE BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE WHO LOOK OUT FOR ALL OF US!!! :worship::worship::worship::worship::0a31::003: I humbly thank you for the hard work that this must have taken and want you all to know that I will DEFINITELY use as many of these recipes as possible!!!

16. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    This is the ultimate cook book. I love to cook and cant wait to try some of great recipes. I think I'll try one out tonight. Thanks for this site. Man am i hungry now!!!:dribble:

17. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    :wink: THANX for what you have done for me and all the BOC members in this ..BUT could you PLEASE put the ordering info for the XL ,XXL,XXXL, T shirts here? CAUSE Im going to need it after trying them delious recieps... MMmmm Mmmm !! thanx so much staff its one of my favortie things in this site!

18. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    we should see about getting a paper version together. i have a recipe for squirrel pie i have to find to put on. thanks again.

19. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    We're looking into that. Always been a possibility since this started. Will let everyone know beforehand when it happens.

20. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

State:
    New York
    As a cook and liking game and fish recipes I really like what I've read so far. In fact I have tried a few like the buttermilk biscuits and we have them often. The others I will be trying soon to be sure.
    Thank You and keep your line in the water!