New BOC Recent Catch Area, Fish Tales & Photos.

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by DeerHunter01, Sep 14, 2005.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    We have made a recent Catch area for the members as a request from the membership . This area will allow member to post there recent catches and apply there story to it if they want too.

2. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    This was at the little pond that we sometimes fish at in a pinch. It's very small private pond.
    tammy and I set up just at dusk. We were useing ultralights with #2 circlehooks and some thawed cut shad that we caught back in may.
    Rods in rod holders and sitting back enjoying a cold one.(tammy drove hehe)
    Now shes recovering from kidney stones and I'm hoping she'll get something being shes in pain.Now shes a die-hard fisherman by any means.
    About after 30 minutes,her rod starts bumping and shakin, she starts whooopin and hollaring and I had to remind her not to grab the rod till it loaded good. After 3 or 4 good runs ,which was a blast to watch her with an ultra-light rig with 8lb test, she pulled a 6.4 lb channel up to the bank.
    Right in the middle of "the fight" I had to hold the rod for a minute because she had a sudden shot of pain. After bending over and moaning for a minute or two, she grabbed the rod and brought the mighty beast(for a pond) to the bank.
    Now thats what I call diehard fishing! I just absolutely love my wife.Won't even let kidney stones stop her.

Attached Files:

• pp1.JPG
      pp1.JPG
      File size:
      86.3 KB
      Views:
    • pp2.JPG
      pp2.JPG
      File size:
      52.8 KB
      Views:

3. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    I had a fantastic night last night. Didn't get home untill 3:30 this morning so pics and story will have to wait till tomorrow. :0a1:

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Went fishing two nights ago for a little while Ryan & Rodpod and myself and Ryan got this fish when he brought it in I never seen one hooked this way, still trying to figure out how it happened..lol

Attached Files:

5. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Here is another picture of it.

Attached Files:

6. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    You guys aren't foolin me! Ryan was using that fish for bait for a big flathead.

7. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Last Sunday Ryan my son and I went down to the Cumberland River, Just below Clarksville. We met up with Bryan Shrum and Bob Goodwin, There were out in Bryan's Pontoon boat and Ryan and Myself went out in our boat, first thing we did was head up river about 8 miles to the Dam to try and get some bait. ( Skipjacks ) after close to 2 hours we ended up with four skipjacks and Bryan and Bob had 7 in there boat, so Ryan and I took off down river first and stated searching for flathead structure. After about 2 miles down stream we came upon several trees sticking out of the water along shore, Water temp was running about 77* and the water depth was about 12-15 foot deep. We had marked a couple of Fish that was laying close to a couple of logs sticking up, so we turn the boat around and headed up stream above the snag about 20 Yards and anchored up. We were both using Fresh Cut Skipjack. I baited up with 4-5 inch cut out of the center of the skip jack and sent it into the water right behind the boat and my other line was set up with the same bait, And I put it on the edge of the channel where the 15 foot drop off is that goes into 22 foot of water. After 2 Minutes set up Ryan started have some darn good runs, He tried about three times to hook into one but they seemed to drop it just as it would load his Pole, 15 Minutes into this site Ryan had several hit and good runs just when my out side pole took off but he did not head for the structure he headed out into the center of the river.and I locked the reel and when it came tight it about jerked it out of my hand (most times I let them load the pole where it forces them to turn sideways, then giving you the most for your hook to slide across its mouth )
    So then the fight was on, this fish gave me a beating for about 12-15 Minutes, and then I got him to the top of the water next to the boat and Ryan reached in and grabbed it in its mouth by the bottom jaw and drug it into the boat. This fish went 38.14 Pounds and was my best Flathead to date. while we was in the middle of this fish and weighing it , the Fog had set in really bad and we couldn't see 5 feet in front of us.So we decide to try and make it back to the boat ramp instead of letting it get worse, after 3 Hours we got back to the boat ramp. So we only got a hour of fishing in but we are ready to go back and try it again here very soon.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      49.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      47.8 KB
      Views:
  8. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    Nice catches guys keep the pics coming

9. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Nice big fish Deerhunter and what a battle.

LOL at the hook in the head fish, yeah I think there using that for bait too chuck (now we know):p

Thats kool Keith that the wife out fishs you EHH HEHEHEHE

10. Crash

Crash New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Wow! Those are some nice fish. Wish we had em that big here in Atlanta.... We have been out chasing the Channels lately, and have been finding the nicer ones in about 6 ft of water (52*) with cut herring. I just wanted to say that I think the board is GREAT and I appreciate all of your posts and advice. I am learning a lot, and I will let you know when I find the "Big Ones" here on Lake Lanier....:)

11. Maximus

Maximus New Member

beautiful fish!

B

12. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :rolleyes:

That is a nice Cat you have there DeerHunter!

I wish we had some flathead catfish here in the California Delta, maybe when I go down to the Colorodo River Gathering in So. Calif. in April I'll get me one. :0a32:

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

13. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Great fish!! May be they will start biting here soon

14. stinkybill

stinkybill New Member

State:
    ok & ky
    hello all names billyray and i love to fish a buddy of mine toled me about yall and i like what i see.i dount get much time on putter so its kinda hart to keep up but ill try . im in the lou areiar adn i hit a lot of ******** and some holes lol. cats r my prmarey but i like all tipes of fishing . i like to help when i can , and be helped when i need it.agen hi all .....br

15. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    dh you are having one heck of a year my friend. have you ever thought about playing the lottery? probably too late. you've done used up all your luck on catfishin! keep up the good work.

16. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    That's one big old flat, my goal for this year is to break the 30lbs mark. Way to go.

And that hook through the head, yeah i believe they were using it for bait. Big bait = BIG FISH lol.

17. spaz

spaz New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just three more posts and I'll actually be able to see some of those fish in those pictures!

18. BigCat85

BigCat85 New Member

State:
    Florida
    just want to thank everyone for their involvement with the big cats... I am so glad I found this place, in the last week, I have caught over fourty pounds of catfish.

19. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ

Very nice fish congrads:)

20. Kittykiller

Kittykiller New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Got my first cat of 2006, Blood River area in KY, Yellow Bullhead about 10 inches long:rolleyes: but it's a start