New Boat

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Paraguayguy, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    My new used boat. I just got back. Long trip and am going to put the boat in the water tomorrow after I title her and get new trailer tags. You can see in the pictures, the boat is plain vanilla but wide open on the floor which is what I want. All's I need to do is add rod holders, Fishfinder, GPS, and Gasoline. The motor is a one year old Mercury 60 4 cycle with two years left on the warranty.

Any suggestions on a fishfinder. I like the high end hummingbird that looks at both sides of the boat that has GPS also. It costs $2,000 but I am a little concerned about having GPS and sonar in the same unit. One component goes bad and I am SOL of both features. Anybody have one of those. Advice please!!

Attached Files:

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Congrats on the new rig. Very nice boat and I like the wide open lay out. Lots of room.:big_smile:
    If you are looking at one of the new Side Imaging units from Humminbird PM me (DH or PETE could also give you the link) for a link to the lowest price on the WWW. ShiloRed and DH let me in on the site and I ordered mine yesterday. From what i understand if you have a problem with the Humminbird after the warranty you send it back to Humminbird and they charge a flat rate to fix whatever is wrong with the unit. One cost no matter what. The rates for the repairs are listed on the Humminbird web site.
    i would rather have both units in one. Less space on the dash and you only have to learn how to use one unit, not two. I guess I mean to say only one set of instructions to read.:smile2:
    Again, congrats on the new boat and enjoy. Looking forward to more pics and report after you put it on the water.:big_smile:

Thanks
    David

3. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Kenneth, Congratulation on your new boat!!! It is a good looking boat. I also like how wide open it is plenty of room to move around and streach.
    Thanks for sharing.

4. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    Great looking boat... I like the looks of the Humminbirds with side scan... But as you say that is alot of money... They also have a humminbird that shows a sat. picture of the river with your position on it which looks interesting. Good luck with the try out and catch a biggon...

5. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    Very nice boat Ken hope it helps you catch a new PB, what size is it,looks to be about 17' to me.

6. cataholic999

cataholic999 New Member

State:
    virginia
    I could go on for hour but I'll keep it short and sweet after owning and using the humminbirds and Lowrances. Get the Humminbird 997si with all the bells and whistles. It will be the best money you ever spent. You'll have more info on the water than you can shake a stick at. 3d imaging, baro,tides,trips,weather,etc.etc.etc. I can tell you what type of fish it is on that model.

7. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Nice boat Kenneth...glad you had a safe trip.....

Jerry

8. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Nice looking boat Kenneth hope to see it on the water when I come down in two weeks.I have a lowrance I think it is a 520 color and a garmin gps they seem to be all I need.

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Nice boat, congrats!! I like the open floorplan alot. :cool2:

10. ShannonLane4

ShannonLane4 Member

State:
    TN
    Congrats on the new boat looks like a nice one:smile2:

11. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
  12. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    At the bottom of the page is a button: info/buy
    • If you click on that then at the middle of the page there will be 2 links:
    • Buyer's guide
    • Watch the Video
    The video gives you a feel for the 997c SI

Jerry

13. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Kenneth glad to see you made your trip safe and have your new boat. Hope to see you sat.

14. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    That is a Great Looking boat. I hope to meet some of you Virginia guys when the Ohio crew comes down March2,3,4 and 5th. If you can afford it get the 997. My wife thinks I am nuts but her birthday is before mine and I can GUARANTEE you it will be her best one ever. :wink:

15. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    That's a wonderful boat you got there Kenneth! Congrats!

16. caveman

caveman New Member

State:
    va
    looks good, i like the floor plan too.

vaughn

17. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on the new boat, that should make a great cat boat! The one that have the new side view units really like them but I have not had any experience with them.

18. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats a dandy lookin rig there, Kenneth. Congrats on the find.

19. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    That's a good looking catfishing boat.

20. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I sent the morning today getting plates for the trailer and new registration for the boat. My brothers put on the old fishfinder and a handful of rod holders. Off to the river for the maiden voyageat 12:00 noon. Set the gill net and caught enough for an afternoon of fishing. It was windy as heck today and very warm. I think 78 degrees are something crazy like that. We caught three eater size cats on little rods and had only one good pull down on a big bait but no hook up. Boat ran fine. A little miss when you first give it alot of gas. Tomorrow I am going to look at the plugs. Also, this boat has an inline fuel filter system. Pretty big one, looks like the filter inside would be about the same size as the oil filter on my Suburban. Maybe accumulated a little water over the winter. Anyway, I am going to replace the filter. Lastly, I am not sure the correct prop for this boat is on the motor. I am going to pull the prop in the morning and take it to the Merc dealer along with my boat specs and see what they recommend. I like the boat a lot. The wind and chop today would have beaten me to death in my old Lowe. Not today!!