New Boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Mike81, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Finally got a chance to go pick up my boat today. Can't wait to get it out on the water this weekend. Here's a few pics...

mike

Attached Files:

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mike,
    Nice looking boat you have there. I bet that 200 HP will make it fly. Enjoy,and be safe.
    Glenn

3. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Congrats Mike on your new rig. That is a fine looking cat boat and with that jet it will go just about anywhere. Vern

4. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Great looking boat. congrats.:big_smile:

5. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Nice boat Mike, who makes it ?

6. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    man thats a bada$$ boat

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks, It's a Wooldridge Alaskan II, more common in the west and alaska than here. Most are built in Seattle, but i found a place in Mobile, Al that builds them for Wooldridge, only builder east of Seattle I believe. I would have preferred a forward console model, but I couldn't afford to have a custom one made right now. this was one of their demo boats for a few years so i got a big cost savings, but still got all the warranty stuff like a new boat. Gotta mount the fishfinder tomorrow....:big_smile:

mike

8. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Bro that is one SWEET Boat!!!!:crazy: Congrats and have a blast and hey Get some SLIME on that thang!!!

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Oh yeh, it's gonna get some slime on it...:big_smile:

10. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mike,
    Congrats!!! on the boat.
    Looks like a great boat, it even looks like you have the special Wooldridge jet foot. That boat should handle and run great.
    Have fun:big_smile:

11. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks, i think it will be a fun boat. The only thing I may do with it, is move the whole console and seat all the way to the back. Then I can put some nice seats up front for the kids but make them removable so if i am just fishin only the front is open... I'll post pics when I do it...

mike

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    good looktng boat you have there congrats Mike

13. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Thats really nice!
    Bill

14. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    Wow, when you get a boat you really get a boat. I bet you better have that thing aimed in the right directly when you put the gas to that 200. Great boat!!!

15. Capt. Hugh

Capt. Hugh New Member

State:
    VA
    Nice boat, how long is it? width? Capt. Hugh

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    "Looking Good" Mike that is a fine looking boat. Thanks for sharing with us. Now go catch some cats, but stay safe.:big_smile:

17. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    great looking boat (hes probly wont be on here this weeked):big_smile:haha i wish it was mine..............good luck and happy boating.....and slime it up>>>>>>>>:wink:

18. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    We're back, mounted the fish finder today and then took it out to one of the local lakes for a few hours. Caught about 20 bream and then set out a few cat poles for about 2 hours. Alot of bites but only caught one blue about 2 pounds before the weather sent us to the dock. My son just ate him, he was delicious...:wink:. I am really happy with the boat...It's 18'6" about 100" wide I think, built like a tank. My buddy said geez, if you melt it down and sell the aluminum on here you'd double your money...:smile2:. I mean this is a commercial grade boat. I ran everywhere and anywhere with no concerns, ran over a sand bar about 1 foot deep, never would know it was there if I didn't see it plain as day. It's by no means a speed demon though even with the 200. It gets on step pretty quick and once there probably run 40 mph max. Besides the power loss with the jet it has a 62 gallon gas tank...I think I had about 50 in it today, 4 adults, 1 kid, all gear, anchors etc... and it still can get on step and move out really good.
    I do have to put some roller guide on on my trailer though, tried loading it back with a strong crosswind combined with the jets steering...really difficult, wind kept pushing me off, but we got her eventually.

Anyway, thanks for all the positve feedback, i am really happy with this boat.

Good Fishin
    mike

19. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    thtas a nice boat, you guys down south get everything lol

20. neal

neal New Member

State:
    ky.
    Congratulations Mike,on the new boat! It looks real nice!:0a23: