New boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by smhmc6, Jun 15, 2007.

1. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well, its another new boat thread. No real point to it other then just to say I finally got one. Just a 14' jon, shell only for about 2 more weeks. Nothin speacial, but I gotta say that I'm pretty proud of my first brand new boat. Gonna have to tough it out for 2 weeks (do a little paddling:embarassed:) till I get another paycheck, but then I'll put a trolling motor on it, seats, rod holders, and lights. Plan to take it out tomorrow night on a little creek (if the weather holds up, may have to just bring the rain gear) and hopefully get a little catfish slime on it!

2. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    congrats on the new boat.

3. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    congrats, the first boat is always the best. may you always make good memories on it.
    gary

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Congrads on the new boat. enjoy and be safe out there.Your gonna have a lot of fun with it.

5. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Congratulations on the new boat.

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Congrats on the new boat! I'm in the process of looking for one myself.....

7. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    New boats are always great. Congratulations!

Cheez

8. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks to all for the congrats. Took it out tonight and it was great. Didn't catch any fish, but I never have been more proud getting shut out :roll_eyes:. Think my buddy took some pictures tonight... may try and post a few when he gets them to me. Its pretty much just a shell now, but I'll be real happy when i get the trolling motor, seats and rod holders.

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    congrats on the new boat, i started w/a 14 ft'er myself now i fish a 21ft pontoon & love it!!!

10. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hope you enjoy. The first boat my cousin and I had was a inter tube off a cement truck. Then a boat made from roofing tin. lol

11. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Glad you got you a boat. My first was a 14' jon boat still have it now I fish out of 20' jon boat. got my first boat 1n 1977.

12. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks again for the congrats guys. I think it will last me a long time and I'll probably keep it a long time. I'm sure in a few years I'll get a 20 footer, nice and big... but I'll still keep this one cause its real light and perfect for carrying on to places without ramps.

13. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    let the good times roll have fun and be safe!:cool2:

14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Have fun in the new boat congrats

15. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Congrats on te boat

16. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well I said I'd try to get a picture or two on here, we'll give it a try. Just me and my fishing buddy having fun getting shut out. First one's of my buddy catching some shut eye... kept waiting for his rod to finally get a bite and get taken overboard:roll_eyes: (haven't got rod holders yet). Second one is of me happy to have a new boat, just being retarded I guess. The third one is just a really pretty picture of the river/creek we were on.

Attached Files:

17. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I am looking for a bigger boat. I would like a center console, and a wide bottom. I hope to find one in the near future.

18. Cajun

Cajun New Member

State:
    Kolin, Louisiana
    Congrads on the new boat every one of us had to start somewhere best of luck