new boat

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by 98custom, Nov 29, 2005.

1. 98custom

98custom New Member

State:
    Northwest Flori
    I got a new boat. actually its not new, a couple of years old.(5-7 maybe, not quite sure. ill check.) Its a 14 foot welded jon boat with a 30 evinrude. the motor needs work-carbeurator- that we will get fixed. probaly profeshionaly. It has a brand new trailer. It has a small casting deck in the front. i need to get ideas on rod holders and the like. its barebone except for pedestal seats (1 front, 1 back), live/baitwell w/o an aerator, and what i mentioned above. i think it does have 1 or 2 bench seats. all ideas welcome. i will get pics up soon. we got this boat for free from a friend so we are more willing to put some money into, but tyring to stay as cheap as possible. thanks.

2. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Theres a lot of helpful info in "informative member posts". It's what was called the library on the old site.
    Good tips for the thrifty minded too,LOL

3. dan 1989

dan 1989 New Member

State:
    oquawka ILL
    congratulations on the boat be carefull in a 14 foot boat dont overload and distribute wieght carefully

4. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I Would say just get out and fish with it and modifie as you go along, There's a bunch of way's to sit the ol girl up, But it would probably depend on the kinda fishing you plan on doing in a lake or river and how you fish. I wish you luck with it and if you need advice on motor repair I am sure Bobpaul will have a good answer for you. he has a section dededcated to boat motor repairs on here.