New boat?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by crazy, Sep 2, 2006.

1. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    After many nights fishing and thinking what I can do to have a perfect cat boat for me I have concluded I need to start from scratch. How much do you think a boat dealer will deal on just a boat and trailer? No floor no motor no extras not even lights. Just the boat and trailer. I will put everything else in my self. Sounds like a lot of work but as they say if you want it done the way you want it. You just have to do it your self. The boat I'm looking at is a 22ft seaark.

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    nice boat if you can afford a seark just pay to have it done by the pros and save the headache , and by all means put up an avatar

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

The Sea Ark boat at 2272 will run you about 5400 dollars without the trailer. Thats is for a plain jane nothing added jon boat. The trailer prices vary. That price is from A.K. McCallums here in NC. If you go to

www.seark.com

They have a link that list all the dealers in your area.

4. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I learned this when I bought my new boat last year. Dealers start putting orders for the new models in August to September. Then the boats start arriving in September. If you plan to order one, now is the time to get your order in because it will show up quicker and the shipping will be cheaper as the dealers have more boats to split the cost with.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I don't think it's quite official yet, but there's a good chance SeaArk will be building a much better-designed catfish boat in the near future. I've been talking to Steve Brown down in Warsaw and he's been working with SeaArk to design a purpose-built catfishing boat. From what I can tell, it's several months away and SeaArk is several months behind in production so it might be next spring or summer before it comes out.

Based on what Steve has told me, there will be a 24 and 20 ft version, with dual console and walk-through windshield, a place on the front deck for a bait tank (built strong enough to hold up 50 gallons+), 4 swivel chairs, a very small rear deck with a 40 or 50 gallon livewell, and lots of open floor space. It'll be built on the 15 degree semi-V hull design. Ballpark figures that I heard were around $20k for the 20 ft boat with a 115 4-stroke Suzuki.

Having fished with Steve in his current boat and knowing what he's looking for, I'm confident that the boat he's designing with SeaArk will be the first *true* catfishing boat on the market.

I don't know if it'll do any good or not, but if any of you think this design is something you might be interested in, send an e-mail to SeaArk and let them know that there's a market of catfishermen here looking for a boat built just for their needs. Send them an e-mail -- customerservice@seaark.com and register your interest! I talked to them on the phone and offered to put down a 50% deposit on a 20 ft boat to be delivered in the next 6 months or so, but they weren't ready to make any committments on their part so I'll give it a few more months and try again.

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    For a 22ft seaark CUB 8,800$ with trailer. Is the price I got. I want this thing to be COM. rated. No weight or HP rating is what suits my needs. I would have it done by the pro's at seaark BUT. They don't want to change there boat design that much. Besides I have a cousin that builds and does custom boat work. So I figure i would let him do the inside work. Don't really care how many weeks it's going to take. Going to be done over the winter. As far as the avatar haha naaa it's a mistery

7. onlyriverfish

onlyriverfish Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    james
    I have an 18ft Sea Ark 96in beam with a new 90merc 4-stroke and love it.

I bought the boat from a sea ark dealer-used slightly with an old trailer and 115 merc and then just bought a new trailer and new (leftover deal) 90 motor. I tell ya anyother thing I did right away is toss the steering and install NFB (no feed back) steering as i wouldnt have a boat w/o it!

I also made a big effort when I mounted the motor to be exactly centered and set it up for heigth as Jons want to porpose.
    Also fabricated a 20gal gas across front and 2nd battery/storage there and fabricated custom headlights cut into the hull (cant buy jon bow lights and dont like those BAHA looking spots!).
    LOVE my boat!! Now have less than 10 in it.

I couldnt see getting a 20' as it would never fit in garage. My 18 with swing tongue will.

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Is this kinnd of what you are looking at? Just to give us an idea.
    [​IMG][​IMG]Custom Rigged Sea Ark 24 Ft. Cabin Boat with 115 HP Yamaha four stroke, Trolling Motor, Depth Finder and Other Accessories.

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Heres one more pic. This one is not rigged at all, just the cabin.
    [​IMG]
    MV2472 AW Cabin
    Stock
    #
    Len.BeamBot.
    Width
    Gauge
    Side
    Ht.
    Transom
    Ht.
    SeatsMax
    HP
    Flat/ Mod VPer.
    Cap
    Boat Wt.Weight
    Cap.
    Live WellDiscount
    Price
    12524'95"72".125AW28"20"2145Mod V1611302800No$9749

10. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    If you want to wait and build the boat that you want it will be worth the wait

11. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Benji, kind of just without the cabin. Seaark has some cool options, they just don't move the center consol where I want it to be. I'm going to have a gas tank put into the belly of the boat just like they do. Move the center consol more forward. So I can place 2 fishing chairs behind it. Then I'm going to have my rod rack behind that. The bait tank is going to be round. Instead of an oval like in there striper model. Also thinking about running a hose to the front of the boat that way when I put in the 100gal stock tank up front for tournaments I can just pump the water into it instead of bucketing water then drain it the same way. I'll just put a Y connector towards the back so I can use the same hose most of the way for that. Still working all the details out in my head though. I want this boat to be as comfy as possible. I spend countless hours fishing out of my boat I have now. So being comfortable is high on my list.

12. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Crazy, when I order the Sea Ark I had they moved the center console for me at the factory. All I did was ask them to. I had the 2072 jon ans added the center console, but i only wanted it moved foward about 18" more than standard. The rig sounds good I wish you all the luck.

13. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    You might check the price of a motor seperate and a price hung on the boat. Alot of times it is cheaper to buy one hung on the boat. Just a idea.
    Bill

14. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The next boat I buy will also be a stripped down version. That I can set up the way I want. I dont blame you at all.