Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys!
The rubber mat is a good idea thanks Tom - you’ll have to help me break it in sometime...

It came with a 55lb TM. I can upgrade that to Ipilot remote etc but I’m concerned that 55lb is too light on a 17.5’ deep V. Have you guys had any experience either way there?

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Steve
That was my thought. I looked on MK web and they say 55lb for that size and weight but below the chart they say if there’s wind or current you may want more...
I had a 55lb on the 17’5 bass boat prior to this and it did great but this is a more weight, draft and sides to catch wind.

·
Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
2,153 Posts
Congratulations Dan, that's a fine boat!! I've owned a 17ft deep v and Reece's boat is basically the same as yours. Both our boats used a 55lb tm with ipilot. They do well 95% of the time. But if you want to use the spot lock in current, like behind a dam, the 55lb will lack the power needed. If it is in your budget to upgrade, I would recommend doing it. Ipilot is an absolute must IMO.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Eric I was wondering what you used.
When I looked over the paperwork when I ordered it I saw it came with the power drive and I thought all power drives came with the ipilot but of course not haha

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have been researching it and it looks like you can upgrade the power drive to the Ipilot for about $500.
Obviously switching to the terrova 80 and 24v system is substantially more. And on national back order looks like till May... hmmmm

1 - 20 of 41 Posts