New boat takes to the water tomorrow

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by FishinginDavenport, May 8, 2007.

1. FishinginDavenport

FishinginDavenport New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Docks are in, current in Le Claire area seems decent so tomorrow the marina where I will keep the boat will put it in the water. First boat I have owned in over 30 years. Hey... any you guys up river gonna come find me when I get lost/hung up or just do something stupid??

Could also use someone to show me some of the areas near Le Claire to fish since I have been only bank fishing the last year..Its going to be like starting all over again..

2. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Congrats on the boat. What did you get?

3. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    i think that i saw you last night , you were sitting in your boat about 8;00 in the stall there? I was gonna stop by and see if it was you, but i was just coming off the water and had my daughter in the truck that my mom dropped off at green gables for me. plus i smelled like shad gut.... All i can tell you is that for good fishin, you dont need to go far at all. make sure and stay away from that rock ledge straight out from the marina there. access the channel by going upriver around the rock pile.

4. FishinginDavenport

State:
    Iowa
    It may have been me. We put it in the water with the lift and I took it out for a spin up to the boat in LeClaire then back. Still nervous about using it and learning to trim the darn thing. Motor needs to run a bit so I can break it in properly. I did cheat a bit and went from 2000 to 3000 then finally 3500 rpm before my conscience got the best of me and I brought it back to 2000 where it was supposed to have been for the first hour.

5. FishinginDavenport

State:
    Iowa
    Mike, its a Alumacraft Navigator 165

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Duane congrats on the new boat. I hope it will do a good job for you. Once you get it rigged, show us some pics. Thanks.:lol: :smile2:

7. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    You fianally got the new boat wet. well congrats.. when you taken me out so i can get some stink bait in your carpets? :lol:

8. FishinginDavenport

State:
    Iowa
    Hi ya Kenny,

Thought you got lost in the woods..Yep its wet and the motor is now officially broken in. Did the steps per the manual and then yesterday drove it up to Albany IL. I opened it up just once and top speed was 32 mph according to the GPS. I am not sure the fish finder is working right. I am still playing with it, watching the DVD I got for it and running the simulator Lowrance has online for it. The "live" picture just doesnt look like the simulator does.

9. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    I don't come on here much been busy at the farm etc.

10. YoungBlood

YoungBlood New Member

State:
    Iowa
    congratz on the new boat! always a nice experience!

11. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    The live picture never does give you pretty arches as the simulator does. Just keep playing with the color line, sensitivity and the noise rejection's.