New boat seats

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by youngun, Feb 4, 2006.

1. youngun

youngun New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Hey, I worked all summer for my boat, and I finally got one this janurary. There are a ton of little cosmetic things to fix on the boat, but the seats are in the worst shape. My boat is a 225 sprint bass boat with a 1996 90 horse force mucury engine. Where could I find some cheaper seats than acadmey sports ($40).

2. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i looked up acadamy sports and 28-29 dollars seats came up
    they looked nice i dont think 40 is too bad ebay has deals some times but you run the risk of buying sight unseen and shipping can add up to more than 40

seats are a big deal to me if your in it for any legth of time might as well get some good ones

by the way welcome to the BOC and a big congrats on your new boat.
    be sure to check out the boat section and read up on advice .
    never assume on a river especially

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Welcome to the BOC, and congrats on getting yourself a boat. As Darryl says above seats are a big deal, save some money and get something ya really will like in the long run. If ya buy cheap seats your back and butt will pay the price. Being on a boat all day or night it's nice to be comfy.
    I'm still saving up for two from BPS. About $72.00 each but well worth the money. They have some for around $40.00 eh. but you can tell they won't hold up long out in the weather.
    Good luck and post some pics of your boat.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    I would also like to welcome you to the BOC :0a25: and also suggest that you read thru the boating section keeping an eye on safety issues. There's tons of good stuff to learn here.

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I agree with the above saying seats are a big deal. I bought "big man" seats from cabelas they are a wider then your average folding boat seat. I like them so much I'm gonna buy two more this spring and also add armrests! at$60-70 a piece they aren't real cheap but the extra butt room sure is nice.

6. youngun

youngun New Member

State:
    tennessee
    You know, you guys are right. I think i'll just save up and get some good seats. Thanks for such a strong welcome. I have been to a lot of fourms and no place replies so fast and with such good advice. Thanks.:cool:

7. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Savin and gettin good quality stuff is the way to go.Have ya tried a boat salvage to get ya by for a while?Might find some fer next to nothin

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
  9. Snobal

Snobal New Member

State:
    Canton, OH
    I was at Walmart last night and they had some of the fold down backs for about $25 a piece. I didn't look at them real close since I'm not to that point with my boat yet but it might be worth checking out. The 2 seats in my boat now are lowback seats out of a fullsize van. Mounted them to keep the front to back slide available. I just wish they reclined:) !