New boat ramp and bank fishing on the Monongahela River

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by moondog58, Aug 22, 2009.

1. moondog58

moondog58 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Found this by accident, looking for a new bank fishing spot for night fishing.

There is a new boat launch area, parking lot the size of a football field, dock, and rock jetty up at the Fort Martin Industrial Park. It is all the way at the back, drive till you think there is no more road, and there is the sigh on the right. It is hidden by the trees, so drive all the way up to the gate for the last business in the park.

To get there go down the river, North on the Grandville side, toward Maidsville, always taking the right turn when you come to an intersection, staying along the river. You will pass a couple of coal loading facilities, just keep going, it is almost in Pa.

Someone said that it was in the paper, but I didn't see it, or any other publicity for it. It is a real nice facility though.

I will give a report of my fishing luck there soon.

2. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    Great find. Let us know how it goes and a comment on the available areas to bankfish. That`s close home for me.

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Mark glad you found you a new place to fish an put your boat in at ,thats something we need more of everywhere :wink:

4. BigWes

BigWes New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Ive fished there many times since it opened. Not really a good spot as its on the inside shallow part above the bend. Biggest thing ive pulled out of that spot is the flathead in my avatar. Watch out for all the retards that come down there at night too. We had to run off a bunch of kids blowing up drano bombs right behind us one night.

5. moondog58

moondog58 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I hope we don't have any trouble. My son and I are planning to go down and fish of the dock Saturday night. I thing are good and the fish are biting then we may stay late, but if it is slow then we will leave around 11 or so.

6. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    There are lots of those kind of retards. That`s why sportsmen have trouble finding spots on public or private lands. If you build it they will show up.