New Boat Project

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Aquacat, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    1969 14 ft Terry fishing boat with a 1961 Evinrude 40 hp outboard. Here are so pictures for you all to see. I bought this for $100.00. Stay tuned.

2. C2catfish

C2catfish New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    100 bucks huh?

I'll be watching the progress. I love projects.

The pics didn't make it though......

C2

3. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    Guys, sorry for not having the pictures ready. I'm having some problems with posting them.

4. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    I think I have it now. Sorry for the wait.

Attached Files:

5. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    more pics and bigger

Attached Files:

6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Looks as good of a project as they come. Lots of buffin to go on there for sure. Hows the floor?

7. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    little mac, the floor is in great shape. No soft spots. I'll be send more pics as I go.

8. C2catfish

C2catfish New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    Way to go on the boat man! $100.... is hard to beat.

I guess that fits all the way in your garage. That'll make a good winter project.

C2

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    heck. for a COOL 100 that ain't to bad. hows the motor?? run at all ??

10. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Looks like you got a great deal, I hope everything comes together nicely for you. Nothing like catfishing from a boat.

11. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    guys the motor runs great.The lower unit needs to be resealed. I found fishing line raped around the prop. I felt like the old man give it away.

12. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    I forgot to tell you all that you can see larger pics in the gallery section in my file.

13. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    guys, I've got some updated pictures to show you of my boat project.

1st Picture - is the before picture oxidation was really bad on this boat. I used meguiar's heavy duty oxidation remover. Note this is just after one try at it. I'll probably do this a couple more times. I missed a few spots. The letters were in bad shape too.

2nd Picture - after using oxidation remover and adding a few accessories like new stern light, letters and a few rod holders

3rd Picture - I wanted to show you all the new trailer lights, wheels and the new white plastic thru-hull for my bilge pump. I also added boat guides which are going to be really nice to have.

More pictures to come. Stay tuned! :D

Attached Files:

14. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    I had a few more to show you all.

Picture 4 - This picture is somewhat of a control panel I put together. It has three toggles with the ignition switch and choke switch. I still need to wire it up.

Picture 5 - I added a new 500 bilge pump, 3/4" bilge hose, new battery, new 6 gallon gas tank by moeller, sierra fuel hose and some 4" black cleets on each side of the boat.

Picture 6 - This is a side view of the boat so far. It sure looks better now then it did when I got it the house. I changed out me tires(galvanized) with the white wheels and a litter bigger tire. I think it looks better like that.I added a guide on kit by tie down(48" high pvc). Well, this is it so far. I"ll keep sending some more pictures as I go.

Attached Files:

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I dont know a thing about the motor you have but if there is any way to put teleflex steering on it that would be some of the best money you ever spent.
    Those old pulley cable systems are an accident waiting to happen with a throttle wide open.

Looks like a good river boat. I can think of a few places that boat would work wonders in.

16. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    Mark, I'm planning on changing that steering system out. I sell a lot of teleflex. It's good stuff.

17. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hey Aquacat, Did you get that boat off of e-bay ? I think I saw it and almost bidded on it. You sure have made great progress (per your pics). Keep up the good work and keep us informed. By the way, I just got a '83 15' Alumacraft wide bottom with a 15hp Evinrude off of e-bay. You may have seen it. It came fom Austin. Got it for 910.00 with a trailer and trolling motor also. Only thing wrong with it is a small crack in the bow that I'm thinking about trying to fix myself. OOOHHH yea the other bad thing: 181 miles back to the house with our new boat and the axle broke right in the driveway. How lucky was that?

18. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Aquacat, nothing like a good steering boat.
    You going to give us 'po folk a discount? :D

19. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    mark, if your a dealer I sure can. I sell to dealers and marina's only. Teleflex is a really good steering system.

20. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    What kind ah deal is that"only to dealers " what about catfishing brothers?? :confused:
    Good lookin project, heck I paid 150 bucks just for a galvanized trailer a month ago. :wub: