New boat! (free to boot)

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by big-muddy, May 6, 2008.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    I just recently had a nice wide 18 foot fiberglass boat given to me by a doctor who just had it sitting in his garage. im gonna go haul it off later. everything works! live well! steering! Shiny 48 HP evinrude! ill post some pics in a couple days when i get em. i prob wont be able to get it registered for a while cause im kinda strapped for cash. the tags on it currently are 05 from wisconsin. what a glorious day!!
    p.s. anyone wanna buy a 14 foot jon with a 7.5 sears and roebuck? it has nice bucket swivel seats.:wink: 300 bucks for the boat and trailer! it could be yours!

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Now that is just unbelievable Shane! Wow man... that is just some serious Lady's Luck playing on your side. In fact, you should probably call the boat just that.. Lady's Luck!

Congrats on the MAJOR boat upgrade!

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Shane,

Congrats on the new boat, buddy! That is quite an upgrade and you can't beat the price!

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Take your time with it. Do it the way ya want and only do it once.:wink:

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Sounds like a great deal bro! Congrats! Not to ask a real dumb question, but are you going to keep it in the city and register it with Mo, or across the water back here in Il?

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats Shane on the boat. Your doing something right. Good luck on rigging.

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    Im gonna keep it my parents house in il.

8. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    WOW! Do I have a proposition for you. Let's go into the boat sales business. You get them free and we sale them and split the profit 50/50. Sounds good to me, anyway.:wink: Congrats on the new boat. Sounds perfect for Baldwin. Life is good.

9. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Congrats Shane I am sure you wont leave it in the garage, by the way their biting give me a PM.

10. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Sounds like ya got a good deal. Wish I could afford your boat right now, I'd take it, I know a guy who wants it.

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    you got a free boat and aere gonna sell yours.:angry:lmao. cool. i just got a free hot tub and only have $100 invested and its working.

and today my grandfather bought a new 2008 f-150 pickup. and gave me his 1998 red one. and not a thing wrong with it.:big_smile:

12. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    well, if i had the salary of a doctor like this guy does, i may have given mine away too, but thats not the case. you bring that new truck down to mt vernon, and we'll hook up the boat to it and have a free fishing trip. (minus the ungodly gas prices):wink:

13. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on the new boat there buddy. Hope it comes with all the luck you need to fill it with fish!!!!:wink:

14. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the boat, looking forward to the pics!:big_smile:

15. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    Ok heres the pictures. that little spot under the outboard is just water from the drainplug.

Attached Files:

16. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Definetely an upgrade for ya.

Have you gotten her wet yet to make sure she still floats? :wink:

17. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Nothing wrong with that! Looks like a nice rig to set up and get slimed.....

18. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Hopw about I buy you some really nice seats for the new one and buy your old one!!!!but you have to deliver it to me:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2:

19. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice lookin freeby Shane! Some guys have all the luck. I need to get a better class of friends, lol.

20. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Looks Good Shane,
    i am glad for you my friend...