New boat floor

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I want to thank Brandon (BKS72) for the help on putting the new aluminum floor in my boat Friday. Great day with a good friend. But boy the lies that were flying around. Had to get on taller boots with Brandon and me telling the lies:embarassed::wink::smile2::confused2::tounge_out::cool2:. The Boat looks great. THANKS BRANDON OL BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad you got it back together! I tried calling you last night and today but no answer, I lost your cell phone number. Maybe get together next weekend. Chris

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Any time, man. I had fun doing it. Looks great with that Tuff Coat you put on the other night!

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Was the tuff coat hard to apply? Thats what i'm wanting to put on my boat. I'm too rough on carpet.

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Shoot John it had to be easy with me doing it.:eek:oooh::smile2:. I do recomend using the high dollar roller that they say to use putting it on or you will have one heck of a mess. I also Painted to whole inside of the boat. If I wasnt so stupid I would put pictures on here but cant remember how:smile2:. But the boat dont look like the same boat. Chris that is ok. Maybe we can hook up again. The wife and I are going to Osceola this weekend. If this tuff coat holds up it was real simple to put it in. Took longer to dry between coats than to put on. Just make sure you get it mixed up real good. Most of the rough pieces settels to the bottom. Pain in the butt to mix up.

Tom

6. battman1

battman1 New Member

State:
    Mo.
    I saw it finished yesterday.Doesn't hardly look like the same boat.Turned out great.

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Will a gallon do the decks on a bassboat? I'll probably need primer for the wood and also primer for the Alum. rod covers, live wells etc. Somebody take a pic of this guys boat, i'm anxious to see it.:wink:

8. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i dont know if anyone has heard of it but por-15 makes a great paint called hardnose paint and it is the very best (in my opinion) of any coatings i have used car truck or boat. it is a bit pricey, about 200 dollars a gallon but well worth it. this stuff actually gets stronger when wet, and if you mix in your own sand it makes a great anti slick surface. it is self leveling so it can be brushed on and it will flatten out and look like a spray on. hands down the strongest paint ive ever seen. anyone who is farmiliar with car restoration will have probably heard of this stuff. you can paint right over rust is the sales pitch, but its not just a pitch its true. you can barely remove it with a grinder, so if you use it make sure its the color you want.
    we use it on car resorations (undercaridges and firewalls),this stuff is great trailer paint also.