New Boat Camera

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Wabash River Bear, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I got a new digital camera for the boat, and hunting yesterday. It's a Pentax Optio W60, 28mm wide angle zoom lens, 10 megapixel, 5x optical zoom, 2.5" lcd screen, shoots stills and hd movies. But thats not the realy cool part, This camera is dust proof, and waterproof to 4m (13'), will take underwater photos and movies, and has an operating temperature range down to 14 degrees.
    I got a silicone skin/cover for it to protect it from sharp bumps, and I'm gonna get a float to attach to the lanyard to make sure it stays well above the 4m depth.
    This is the first real, under $300.00 digital camera I have seen that is designed for the outdoor enthusiast.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    After losing a camera last year to the moisture of river duty I bought the 10 megapixel Olympus (can't remember the model) but it is waterproof, dustproof, drop-proof and can also take underwater pics. Haven't regretted it yet, was a bit over $300 I think.

Never thought about a floatie attached to the lanyard, thats a great idea.

3. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    The Pentax was $299.99, but I got the skin and 2 yr. extended warranty, and tax, which put it up to $350.00. I was thinking about one of Wild Wolf's 3-3/4" safety floats to use on the camera, and maybe one for my digital scale. They have a 2-3/4" one I'm thinking for my lip grip too. Check em out, it's cheap insurance.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on the new camera. Sounds like a good one. Also thanks for the float idea.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Congrats on the new camera. Look forward to the pictures:wink:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Not hard to see who's makin all the money around here.:crazy: First new depth/fish finders and not cameras to take pics of these big fish he's plannin on catchin.:wink: Next thing we'll be hearin bout a new turkey gun and callers. glad for ya dude, stimulate this terrible economy. Good luck with ya new toys.

7. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    LMAO! Nope, no new turkey equip. this year. Last year was a good year in the steel business, we finally got our annual production bonus for 2008. I thought I had better get what I wanted this spring , probably not going to get a bonus next spring coz 09 is gonna suck.