New Blue Catfish Lake Record! Catfish Picture Attached!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by HOLD-ACCOUNT, Feb 27, 2008.

1. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Well we just got a new Grand Lake Record for Oklahomas new program. My good friend Denny Halgren and I were fishing Grand today when he caught this nice blue. It was his first bite ever in Grand Lake!

This is not a huge blue in some locations but it is a large one for Grand Lake. The record had to be at least 40 lbs and this one weighed 42. It was 43 inches long and had a 28 inch girth.

We caught it in 50 ft of water on shad using a 5/0 DOUBLE ACTION catfish hook and a 2 oz. SMOOTH OPERATOR snagless sinker.

I hope all the other catters of OK take advantage of this new program. The blue was released after we weighed it in. We also caught 8 other blues under 12 lbs.

Attached Files:

2. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Isn't Halgren the guy who's a flathead guide on Rock River? Thanks and have a great day! If he is, what was he doing fishing in Oklahoma?

3. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    THis is just wild, didn't I just post I can't believe there are not any bigger fish taken out of that lake.

4. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    I'm not even sure what program this is and i live here on Grand. Sure was a nice blue though.

5. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Denny and I have fished/tournament fished together for many years now. He was at the house visiting and we decides to go catfishing for a while. Rest is history!

6. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Ray, it's pilot program by the Oklahoma Dept of Wildlife Conservation.

Here's the link: http://129.15.97.52/fishsite/

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    That sure is a fat belly on that fish! thanks for attaching the picture!

8. Bill61

Bill61 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I bet that is a nice lookin Blue! After I hit my post quota I'll come back and look at it..:cool2:

9. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Nice fish Jeff. When you're first bite is that good, it makes you want to keep fishing forever.

10. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    I like it!!!! Nice Fish Jeff!