New best hunt

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Bullseye017, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I wasnt able to harvest a deer, but I had a new personal best hunt this evening that I figured I would share with everyone. I am 17 and live in Ohio. Late season is slim pickins here especially where we usually hunt which is about 15 minutes from our house. I hadnt been seeing any deer there so I decided to go to my moms house bowhunting. She has 8 acres in pretty much the city. I got in my climbing stand at about 3:30 which gave me about 2 hours before dark. It had been snowing all day and was also really windy. at about 4:45 I saw 2 does running through the woods and another one popped out and was walking around about 65-70 yards away from me. I watched her for a while hping that she would come my way so I could get a shot. At about 5:10 I looked over my right shoulder and saw several deer and one could see was really nice, then I noticed another one of them was a buck and then finally I saw the other ones antlers also. There were 3 bucks and a doe walking through the woods about 40 yards to my right. The biggest was a beautiful 10 point with long tines that was probably 18-20 inches wide. The second biggest was a really wide 8 point that had shorter tines, and the smallest was another 10 about 15-16 inches wide. I had an open shot at the big 8 at 40 yards, but I didnt want to risk it. I hit good at 40 yards with my mathews, but the target doesnt have a big rack. The deer started to get nervous, and then some idiot on a 4 wheeler came through the woods,and let me tell ya he got screamed at. Overall it was a great evening and that was the most nice bucks I had ever seen in one evening, and city bucks ta boot. you can bet That I'll be hunting there some more before the season ends

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i got my first deer right behing the town sewer mound.

we have same problems with idiots on 4 wheelers. i went this year once. my uncle (idiot) parked his 4 wheeler about 20 yards from my stand. well believe you me i scared every thing within 5 miles away when i climed in and out of my stand within 10 min apart and stomped on everything i could on the way out. he seen nothing that day he said,lol.

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like a great day in the woods.

4. Bjorn

Bjorn New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It's too bad that that guy interupted your hunt. I have had that happen with a dirt bike. I fortunately was looking at a six point that I wasn't going to shoot, but it still made me mad. If I had bucks like that in front of me I would be furious. DOn't worry man though. YOu'll get a good buck.