New Berkley Big Game Hi Test Line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by MRFLATHEAD, Oct 29, 2005.

1. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

Hey Guys Has Anyone Seen The New Berkley Big Game Line Called Hi Test Anywhere On Line ? Bass Pro Has It But Only Up To 40# Test Looking For 50# Test I Didnt See Anything On Berkley Site. Anyone See Where You Can Order It In 50# Test Let Me Know. Thanks

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Stren has a line called Hi Test in Neon.

3. el_pescador

el_pescador New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Riverrat-Are you talking about the stren High Impact, or is there a stren hi test?

4. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    MrFlathead, if you type in google a search for big game high test, you'll find a few sites you can get it in 50# and larger. I would post here the website but due to the fact their not a sponsor of this site I can't. However, for everyone else this is what it states about the line.

What the experts say...
    “Berkley’s new Big Game High Test is the line of choice aboard my Parker for pulling on sea bass and yellowtail. This line is incredibly strong, abrasion resistant and like their original Big Game easy to cast. The thin diameter results in less drag and also allows me to spool more line on my reels.”

Low drag for fish that hit hard and run deep. Advanced technology has created Berkley Big Game Hi-Test for an unprecedented combination of strength, small diameter and shock resistance never before seen in a premium saltwater fishing line. Tested by offshore anglers, Berkley Big Game Hi-Test features unsurpassed knot and tensile strength. When offshore anglers fish with baits far behind a boat, thicker fishing lines will cause drag allowing the line to strip off the reel. This makes strikes difficult to detect and rigs hard to manage. Berkley
    Big Game Hi-Test, with its thin diameter, features a low drag force. This reduces resistance problems in the water making it easier to fish with long lines or in strong current.

Berkley Big Game Hi Test Line- A new formula for 2006, the new Berkley Hi Test Line is up to 40% stronger than other high strength brands. Supreme shock strength, flexible, low memory. Available from 12-130# test in Clear and Hi Vis. An excellent line for trolling or lure casting, where high abrasion resistance and extreme strength is needed.

:0a26: ​

5. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    They make it all the way up 130# that I know of and it is easy to get but you have to get it on line as I get mine out of NJ.

6. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Where is the best place to buy the new Hi test berkley big game?

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Stren makes a line called Hi Test and have a spool in my tackle box right now and they make High Impact also. I'll make a pictures of the label so you can see it for yourselves.

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I made a picture so you can understand what I'm talking about.

Attached Files:

9. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

i found a 1 # spool of 50# for $52.00 shipped. i talked to berkley and got prices on the line wow.bps has the 1/4# spool of 40# test for $15.99.i need alot of line i got 2 7000c3 and a 7000 big game and 2 quantum cabo reels to spool. thanks for all yor help