New BAITS On The Market

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by TOPS, Dec 23, 2005.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Berkley GULP has come out with some new baits. Now you can buy a chicken livered flavored and also they have a night crawler flavored. MY question is, Have any of you members tried the new baits yet? :confused:

2. Lil Grinder 20

Lil Grinder 20 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    havent seen that yet but it sounds like a great idea .... so ill deffinatly be looking in 2 that 1 ....sounds good

3. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Walmart heare wher I live have marked alot of that bait down may have to try some.

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Yep wal-mart. I just wanted to see who would reply! It will be in a Jar both of them.

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I hope these pictures come out ok!

6. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    I have seen these also. I am alittle skeptical on whether I will try them. Suppocedly the livers stay on the hook real well, but it is a little to expensive.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I haven't tried either one of those. I can cure chicken livers a LOTcheaper than imitation livers; I paid less than $10 for the last flat of livers I bought. I do have a jar of 'crappie bites' that I use for bream. I don't think they work as well as live bait, but I can keep the jar in my tacklebox for months between uses; live bait has to be purchased each time. I also bought a jar of the imitation maggots, and they work fairly well, but not nearly so well as real maggots.

8. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    i've tried those Gulp livers... yeah on a river that i can catch many cats in just a few hours, didn't get a nibble, nor did i in a pond that you don't have to wait 5 min for something to start tearing up real liver but they wouldn't touch this stuff... only good thing about it though is that it does stay on the hook and its fairly reusable...

now if they could only find a way to get chickens to get their livers to be tougher and be reusable... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

9. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    It would be virtually impossible for any bait to outfish Cattracker baits where I fish, so I'll stick with Jo Jo's Pole Snatcher and Wicked Stickey. God bless.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I never had any luck with store bought baits like that..I think the real thing will work better.

11. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Same here, I only caught like one small channel cat out of all the store bought baits I've tried. Natural is almost always better IMO, esspecialy for big fish. ;)

Merry Christmas, Zakk :)

12. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    I've caught alot of small channels under 4 pounds on floating, pre-cut chickenlivers from wal-mart. They had toughened them up and didn't come off the hook once.

13. katfish hunter

katfish hunter New Member

State:
    Jacksonville,FL.
    Just stick to the real deal.It works better!