New baits in the box

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by CarolinaCatJack, Aug 15, 2008.

1. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I just received my new Banjo Minnow kit in the mail the other day from Bass Pro. I've never had much luck bass fishing, so at this point, I'm willing to try anything. Has anyone used these things before? Good points? Bad points? Let me know.

I've got a buddy on Lake Murray SC that swears by the Banjo Minnows, says that it's the greatest bait he's ever used. I'll be skeptical until I put a 10-pounder on the wall.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    If ya put him on the wall, he'll never reach 12:smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    LOL! You're right, Country, but I live in SC. What are the chances of a largemouth getting that big here?! J/K. I've seen some big local fish...big enough to make you go :eek:oooh: See, I'm mainly a catman (as most of us here are). I've caught some 20s and 30s, both on rod and reel as well as hand-grabbin'. I really got into bass-fishing last year when my company started sponsoring a bass tournament, and I'm sad to report, I'm still the only guy out of all the teams that hasn't caught a single fish in two years. Oh well, maybe this will change all that, Good Lord willing. I'll let y'all know.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Bass fishing can be tough.....................especially for a cat man. Don't convert and just stay with us!! Honestly, I couldn't catch a bass on purpose if my life depended on it. those things are tricky and our Catfish mind sets are not compatible with those fish!

5. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Hilljack, you're right. I'm used to sitting on a boat with my propped up sipping on.....well, we'll just call it a "drink" (the last part of my member name should enlighten you on what "drink" that is). Bass fishing is, for the most part, a lot of work. More than I'm used to, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Heck, I can catch crappie. Why can't I catch one stinkin' largemouth?!?! LOL!!! Aww whatever, maybe I'll get lucky and the Lord will bless me with one good wallhanger.

6. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    im sure they work pretty nicely but remember that a secret lure wont make you a good fisherman, putting effort and time into learning about bass fishing will. good luck to ya!

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    When I watched Eric Bass fish they worked great. Use the grey ones, some terrific action in the water... :smile2:

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Your right, bass fishing is alot of work. I've worked at it for years and love it. In this heat, i would consider a jig/swimmin chunk combination or plastic worm. Or perhaps a deep diving crank bait such as a dd22. Bass become very structure oriented in this heat and concentrate on brush piles and rock piles here. Anyway, good luck with your new baits and i hope you get a kodac moment.

9. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Thanks to stinkbait and all the guys for the replies. I'm not thinking of using it as a "secret lure" or anything. I'm just trying to do what fishermen have been doing since the beginning of time.....CATCH A FISH! LOL!