new bait

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jul 7, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well i havent caught many fish latley due to being shored for the time being. so im getting desperate. i made a stinky bait today. im going to give it a whirl and use my coustomary bait shad too. well see how the new stuff compares lol. if i catch a fish.

goint to the lake to bank fish for a while. i havent caught but one catfish this season. and in usually past 60-70 by now:angry:

ill disclose it when i return.:wink:

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Good luck, I hear ya on the catching. Usually I can get at 3 a night. I havent had 3 all year. Im about ready for depth charges. :eek:oooh:

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    im going to bed. i forgot. ok, ill give a tad of info first. it did get hits,many too, i had trouble holding it to hook.

had to do with soy, horseradish, garlic. it was hit within 3 min of going in. im not done with this secret bait. ill tell more when i get home from work tomorrow afternoon. :wink:

4. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sounds interesting, now to get it to stick!

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    forgot,lol.

ok. i took some hot dogs. cut them into 3/4 " chunks. and added a 1/2 tbls of ground horsradish. a few tbls of soy sauce and dashed garlic powder on them. 2 dogs. i shook them and rolled them well. i tossed one out with a treble. it had a hit as soon as i got the line tight and sat down. had many. all good tugs but i lost bait every time.

im not sure of the fish biting. but i am gonna try dehydrating them after a couple days after soaking. and see if that will help them stay on till hookup.

it sure had a pungent smell.:eek:oooh:

6. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Let us know how it finally ends up for you. Hope you wind up catching a bunch.

7. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Horse radish???? I think you were targeting stallions and not cats :smile2:

Sounds interesting tho..... I'm always willing to try something new.. keep the reports coming.

Good luck

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds very interesting. Let us know how the experiment unfolds