New bait tank

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by kenlaw76, Dec 29, 2008.

1. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I got this thick plastic 55 Gal. drum from work today. I am going to clean it out good and tap a hole close to the bottom with a valve so I can drain it. If I have a little extra money next year I might even get a filter for it. I want to be able to make it moble as well, so I can use it in my truck or a boat. I am going to glue large airstones to the bottom and I am going to plumb in a spray bar on the top part, just behind the door. For some reason I can't get the pic up.:confused2:

2. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    That sounds like a good idea Ken! Hope it all goes well for ya bro! Its def. nice not having to go catch bait everytime ya want to fish!

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i made one out of a 50 gal. rubbermaid tub, got a 380 gph. pond pump and some pvc with a few holes as my sprayer, was gonna add a bubbler but don't think i'll need it with that much water sprayin, i rigged a filter system to the inlet of the pump, all i need is to just add water and some bait fish in the spring

Attached Files:

4. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I also picked up a rubbermaid tub but its sitting in the shed, thanks for sharing the ideas

5. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    before i fill it in the spring i'm gonna wrap a few bands of duct tape around it so the sides don't buckle out, that way it holds its shape, it'll be nice ta hold a few days worth of bait:wink:

6. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Good stuff Lenny. I think that I will be able to keep Alwife now that I have a round bait tank.

7. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    that would be sweet, i'll try and see what happens, i just don't want them ta start floatin and kill off my other bait, i got my throw net permit for 09' last week, i'm ready

8. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have one I built and re-built , added pumps and filters, lights , overflows,etc. I think you are better off, and its cheeper to buy a real good oval or round insulated factory made tank. Check out some of the BOC sponcers. Good Luck

9. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Thanks for the ideal. I've saved your thumbnail on my pc & I've thought about doing the same thing with an ice cooler with wheels!:wink: