New Bait Tank Setup

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by all_4_Flatcats, Jun 12, 2009.

1. all_4_Flatcats

all_4_Flatcats New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Check it out fellas...

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnails...otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Video coming soon!!!

I finally got to go out 3 weeks ago. I missed three caught 1 Flat. 26lbs. I'm still getting around slow (Surgery on my low back in April). My brother caught 3 missed 1 took him under a rock line snapped when he went to set the hook...

My 1 was caught on 11" pumpkin seed. His 3 caught on 2 15"bass and 1 9" pumpkin seed. 18lbs. 22lbs. 10lbs Flats

P.s. Pool Noodle Float? Anyone have pic's of these would like to see them?

2. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

Nice! Looks like you put alot of time and thought into it, I wish I had the space to keep a decent sized bait tank..... hehehe right now I'm pretty much limited to nothing too much larger than a 5 gallon bucket.:angry:

I need to go take a shower, I'll post some pics of my (crappily made) pool noodle floats when I get out.

3. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    heh, guess my camera batts need charged first.:eek:oooh:

4. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ok, here's Larry, Moe and Curly

Attached Files:

5. all_4_Flatcats

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
  6. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey, i'd be carfull with the back thing. i've had two surgeries on l5-s1,last being rods and screws.stuck with pain management now because i tried to do to much to fast. my cage healed where it should'nt be and cant be fixed.just be carfull man, shane

7. all_4_Flatcats

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I had surgery on the L3-L4 hell I didn't even have simptoms at that level. The doc's screwed up. I was suppose to have it L5-S1. I have a great layer. LOL!

I took it e-z, my brother set everything up. Hell I missed 3 because I took my getting to the pole instead of running just for that reason of doing more damage. I had a chair to sit in for fighting the fish.

Thanx for having my back Shane...

8. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Larry be real careful. My wife was in a car wreck and broke her back. They put the cages and rods in at L3, L4 . She did every thing they told her to do and she didn't heal right. She can walk but she is bent over. Any time we go out she has to be in a wheel chair. So be real careful. A fish is not worth it.

9. Lignum

Lignum Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Great tank dude, and hope the back heals up alright.:wink:

10. all_4_Flatcats

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I've been going to therapy 3x a week. Only a few thing changed I'm not as quick, I can't hold the fish ( Over 10lbs ), or pick it up to take pictures with it before releasing it, I can't set the hook on them if I'm bank fishing like I was that night, hell you mize well say my brother caught the fish he set the hook, I fought it, he netted it ( That was cool I was sick of being the net boy for him every trip ).

4 things that will never change!

I love being outside.

I love Catfishing.

I love to escape the day by sitting by the water with a surf rod pointed into the belly of beast....

I love fishing with my brother its never a dual moment fishing with him. He does the funniest, stupidest shit I have ever seen.

I will tell this as long as the line don't break when he hooks one he's getting that fish. I seen him dive after poles cuz he forgot to set the clicker or open the bale. I even seen him go swimming for his Floats and Tangle Free's after his line snaps at the lake. I seen him blow logs across the lake.

He taught me a lot about fishing...

I tried Circle Hooks but I can't get the concept down for using them. So switched back to Khale I'll just have my brother set the hooks for me until I'm off my restrictions.

P.s. I also started hooking my live bait through the upper lip bring the point right between the nostrils. I started doing this after I seen them feed the Flats. down at the Newport Aquarium, they always circled the bait until they had a shot at getting it head first. So, I no longer hook live bait through the back behind the dorsal fin or behind the anal fin. Bait also stayed alive a lot longer...