New bait pond

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kybunniebuster, Apr 24, 2006.

1. kybunniebuster

kybunniebuster New Member

State:
    winchester kentucky
    ok some of you might remember seeing my bait boat http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7247 well the bait boat is now gone im gonna build a garage in its place this summer but im building a new pond and stone patio in the back yard the pond is 10'x8' x3' deep it has a 3'x3' pond above it with a water fall i have the pond complete and most of the patio done its gonna have a 20'x60' stone patio with stone bbq grill im now waiting to get my privacy fence put up so i can finnish the rear of the patio and the bbq grill here is some of the pics that i took when i started the project and i will post some of the work i have done since then tomorrow just thought i would share some of the project with you guys

Attached Files:

2. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    looks like yer gettin' yerself good & hooked-up there in KY.

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Kenny, that's lookin' real good. I've got a pond in my back yard that I built about two years ago. I'm ready to build a bigger one now.
    Good luck on your project and give us some more pics as ya go.

4. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    i grew up with something just like that in my backyard. we used to keep enough gills to last four or five trips in something like that. every now and again my dad would throw a few channels in there for us kids to catch. we were only 6 to 8 years old at the time. we would stay up all night fishing in pretty much a bait tank, but it is something i'll remember forever.

5. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I would warn you they are addictive. I just increased the size of mine. It 8x17x3.5. I have two 650 gph pumps to aerate it. Still deciding on what I want to put in it. Thinking of hybrid gill. they will hit 3lbs in two years. Fish from my patio. lol

6. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    ok here is what i have completed so far i still hafta install the privacy fence berfore i can finnish the rear of the patio and grill

Attached Files:

7. claycntyjoe

claycntyjoe New Member

State:
    Northern Kentucky
    Very nice. Can't wait to see the finished product.

8. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Looking good Kenny keep us posted

9. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Got it looking good Kenny,keep us posted.
    :thumbsup:

10. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    thanks guys its gonna be a long hard process :) i dont know if i will be able to look at field stone again after i get it done

11. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Looking mighty fine there Kenny. One question what did you use for the liner?

12. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    swimming pool liner i have a friend that makes them and i can get all the ones he messes up on so its a cheap way to hold water i have enough left out of the one i got to build two more of these things the liner was for a 20x40 inground pool

13. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    ok here is the new pics ive got the fence up and am now finnishing up all the stone on the back side of the pond once i get the stone laid and mortered i can start some more flower planters and the bbq grill (my son says i better hurry up and finnish it before he runs away from home )updates will come thanks for looking

Attached Files:

14. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'd love to have that in my back yard....actually I'd just love to have a back yard.

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    you're less than 2 hours away from me,if all your bait starts mysteriously disappearing,it wasn't me!!! just kidding,that's a good looking pond ya got!!!

16. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    ok here is the latest pics of the work ive been doing the last few weeks now that the fishing has slowed down a little bit its been a lot of work but its finaly coming together this little project is about 3/4 done here is some pics hope you like it so far

Attached Files:

17. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    the last three pics

Attached Files:

18. Tellico00

Tellico00 New Member

State:
    Collierville, T
    Great looking pond. You can be proud of your craftsmanship

19. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    pretty cool, Kenny. looks like it'll work

20. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Alrighty that looks great. You did a good job and it looks like it work for years to come.