new bait clicker spinners?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by ravenloft420, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    I was wondering if anyone knew of any new spinning reels with a bait clicker that may have came out recently.

last year I think I knew of only 2, they were okuma and I think abu.

I have yet to buy one but I will this spring.

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The Okumas are really nice... Penn makes some really nice ones too.... havent seen an Abu and I swear by their products.. I will have to look into it

3. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo

actually I think it was a penn not an abu. lol thats what I meant.

I remember the okuma being a lot more affordable

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    My buddy who owns the local bait shop, who also repairs reels, said that the Okumas are very good & so is their warranty. He says that the only drawback is that after they are out of warranty they are tough to get repair parts for.

I think I'll try one out this year:cool2:

5. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The only other ones that I know of are shimono and cabelas. Just bought a penn but have not had the chane to use it.

6. irishangler

irishangler New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've used Okumas for the past 3 years with no complaints. You can find more spinning reels with the baitrunner feature by checking out the saltwater models for several of the leading companies. The baitrunner feature has been popular in saltwater fishing for several years.

Mike

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yea. I dont think you can go wrong with either reel... Though I do not own a Penn yet. But will soon.. I like baitrunners too, but i mainly use them for my fishing for channel cats or carp.. But it seems every turtle in the body of water im fishing wants to bite on the baitrunner.. Caught a #40 softshell turtle in Dale Hollow Tenneessee on my cheap Hellius Baitrunner... Just dont cast as smooth as it used too..... well i hope which ever you choose works out for ya... But between the two your gonna be just fine..

8. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Ive got the Shimano 6500 baitrunner and the Okuma EB-50 baitrunner , and both of them are great. I caught a 45 lb. flathead with the Okuma, its the medium sized baitrunner. The drag works great on both.

9. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    OKUMA IS THE ONLY ONE I KNOW OF

10. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Okuma, Shimano, and Penn that I'm sure of. I have only used the Okuma's.

11. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    shimano, okuma, penn, diawa, tica, and abu all have at least one baitrunner model in their lineup okuma has three the coranado, epixor, and salina. i have the coranado and epixor. i also have shimano baitrunners and baitrunner "B" models along with a few others they're all great reels.