New Avatar and PB/1st flathead catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by JoeDaCatKing, Oct 30, 2009.

1. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    Well I finally got my chance to go out to the Susky for some flatheads! And would you believe on my first cast here comes this thing weighing at 17.25lbs!!!
    I had no plans on catching one that big and I would have been happy with a little one. Tracy (my girlfriend) got her first flathead 2 and then proceeded to catch 4 more. I think i figured out why so many of you guys are die hard flat hunters. Next time I go Im getting way bigger bait. Since this is tecnically my second flathead Im waving the first one and calling this my first.Thanks Mike aka MTE for taking us with you. I could not of had a better night

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Congrats, Joe! Props Mike and MTE for hooking up and putting a smile on a BOC/PA brother's face! That's what it's all about!:wink:

Daytime late october flatheads, I love it!:big_smile:

Guess they are still biting in the Susky.:cool2:

3. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    congrats on the PB

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats on the PB Joe!

5. Congrats Dawg! Get some more bait and keep truckin bro, it aint over yet!!!!!!!!!!:tounge_out::wink:

6. Camo Fish

Camo Fish New Member

State:
    United States
    Congrats on the P.B. Flattie!

7. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Wonderful looking new avatar there Joe. :wink: Somehow I kind of knew that would be the case. Congratulations to both you and Tracy for new PB's on flatheads. :cool2: Thank you Mike as Tan said for putting a BOC brother on to flatheads. Yes indeed that is the way it should be. :wink:
    Great going to everyone involved. :big_smile:

Ray

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Thanks for the story and pics.. Congrats on the PB!!:big_smile:

9. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    If it wasnt for you PA guys and the BOC this might have happened years down the road. With this site and everybody's input I knew exactly what to use. One heck of a leg up I would say

10. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Congrats to you and Tracy on your flats and a thank you goes out to MTE Mike for making it possible:wink:

11. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    congrat joe, thats a very nice one this late in the year, gotta warn ya, all your gonna think about is the next bigger one, it gets very addicting:wink:

12. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
  13. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    Yeah Im already planning to go out sometime next week. I just got to work extra hard to have a bucket full of PREMIUM bait some of the gills and chubs I had were just not large enough.

14. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Congrats on the PB:cool2:. I can tell exactly what boat launch youre at. I try to take care not to have a background in my pics. MTE I also recognized the rickety old launch on the west bank in youre other pics. I saw the preasure increase alot this year. With the advertiseing of the BOC. We should see many new faces fishing our spots when we arrive next year:roll_eyes:

15. In my humble opinoin brotha, I think the bite was good far ya gangstas because the baits were smaller.:big_smile::wink:

That seems to be a good cold weather tactic that has worked for me the past few weeks. The bigger jawns haven't been getting that much attention in da drink yo. I would bust a cap inta my lead sled to get a bucket of small chubs or 3 to 4 inch, soft, little sunny morsels right now homie.:cool2:

:smile2::wink:

16. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    What da?:smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Joe and Tracy on scoring your 1st Flatheads and the new avatar! :big_smile:

18. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
  19. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    hows this?

20. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    No Doubt G but They were chompin on the big ones pretty good. Had about a 1lb bluegill that got snatched off my Jawn and they were killing the big chubs