Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I haven't fished there since I have bought a boat, but we used to catch some nice channels out of there. My buddy caught a 10lber. that had eaten a 10" redear that had eaten his shrimp one day!!!! The sunfish was caught in it's throat!!!! I fish the river mostly now, but I know there are some nice ones in those lakes. The only problem is that strip pits and catfish sometimes gave me problems.
Baldwin is pretty close to that lake on the other side of rt. 13. That lake has some monsters too, especially blues and flats!!!! Good luck buddy!!!!

·
Floyd
4,927 Posts
There are so many pits inbetween New Athens and Baldwin and beyond both ways it is hard to know which ones you are talking about . The ones open to public are fished pretty hard by bass fisherman that it aint worth the hassle for me to mess with . I grew up in those strip pits , my father had a pass to fish all of them when I was a kid and we caught tons of cats out of them .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.