New arrows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by jpn, Jul 29, 2007.

1. jpn

jpn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I changed arrow brands this year and i wonder if anyone had any comments on them. I bought beman 400 and shoot muzzy 100gr. They are extremely fast, and accurate

2. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    i shoot beman hunter 400 ics and i love em fly fast and accurate i didnt know about the pair though i am gonna put muzzy 100gr mx-3 's on um and hopefully they will slice right through a nice deer this october.

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Up until recently I had been shooting the Beeman ICS Hunter Jr. arrows. With 75 gr Muzzys. They're supposedly 40 lb max but I was shooting them at 60 LB with no problems, even killed 2 deer; one being the 10 pointer that won the BOC buck contest. A little over a month ago I switched to the ICS Hunter 400's and they seem to be splintering. One has groove in it and another is splintered from the insert up about 8-10 inches. I shot the Jr. arrows for over a year.
    I guess they just can't handle the power of this new Ross bow! :big_smile:

4. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    if there splitting then beacuase of your bow draw weight maybe you should go to the beman ics 340's sine they are thicker man have not split at all (exect for when i robin hooded one) but im only shooting 45 lb draw right now

5. jpn

jpn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i had the hidden insert put in them and they held up good while shooting at the Gan. Mtn in the practice room. No splits, at 65lbs

6. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I don't think it's due to the bow weight. Like I said the Jr. arrows were being shot at 60 lbs, 59 actually and these are being shot at 66 lbs.