New area need help!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by coyotechromez, Jun 4, 2009.

1. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    I will be in the lansing/leavenworth area fishing or trying to Friday night. I have never fished the river there but rumor has it there are some fatties. Can anyone give me "general areas" of where to throw in at? Please do not take it as me asking for secret spots, I am mainly looking for river access points.:wink: Thanks

2. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    You can take Dakota street down to the riverfront park there. Nice boat ramp and some shore spots. I've never fished there but drove by it 1000 times. Always think of fishing there though. :cool2:

3. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    I may have to try there, the way my luck is this year I wont catch anything, but I will let you know if I catch any.

4. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    If you walk back through the campground, there is a trail on the north end, follow that back another 30-50 yards through the brush and it should take you to a wing dike. I dont know what condition the river is in but here it is over the wing dikes so that may not work.

5. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    leavenworth County Lake been real slow for me this year. I'd the river is your best shot. Year past caught some pan size cats just up from the Ramp in leavenworth fishing from the bank. Any body got any input on 2 things???? Whats the smallest boat that 2 people can safetly use in the Kaw or MO? The next questions is a general question sort of. What about PCB's (KDWP report) in the Kaw??? From Lawerence to Endura? Up the walki to Clinton? And, what about from Endura to Proctor and Gamble??? Thanks all