New anchor

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by catfish kenny, Sep 23, 2007.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I posted under venting awhile back how I lost my anchor etc......well I went to our local scrap yard and got a stainless steel semi axel and had my brother weld a similar anchor up . I dont know if it will work for most but this baby is a jewel for my needs.It has always hooked and released.....Anyone with basic welding skills can save alot of money giong this route. Loosing anchors can get real expensive

Attached Files:

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Hey Kenny, that is a nice anchor. Those were some fairly decent looking toes also. You from Iowa or Arkansas? LOL

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Shucks I am from IOWA you cant tell the difference between Iowa toes or Arkie toes:eek:oooh:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kenny thanks for sharing your anchor idea. Looks good . Appreciated.

5. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Looks good..... I plan to make one similar, only modification will be the attaching bracket will run down the side allowing it to slide & pull backward to release if gets hung up.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I guess Lawrence beat me to it but man dude! :crazy:

Any decent photo software could have cropped that picture and got them TOES outta there. Not that you got nasty toes or anything. Just a kinda hillbilly pic! LMAO

Just poking fun!:big_smile:

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Between the two of you I think I am developing a toe complex:eek:oooh:

8. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    That's a good looking anchor and the only thing wrong with it is if it hangs up you've lost it.I made mine from 2in square tubing and I used 1in wide 10 gage instead of bar stock.With 6ft of chain it holds good on any bottom and if it gets hung up I can bend the 10 gage to get it lose.

9. Hegemon1122

Hegemon1122 New Member

State:
    Texas
    But I really enjoyed the ribbing, thanks.

10. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Kenny, I like the looks of your anchor. When you going to make me one? I'm going to try and go out in the morning. Have you been finding shad? Later Andy

11. RCollier

RCollier New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Great idea I think I will try my luck at making one lol

12. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Kenny, good looking anchor! I have 3 like that, but like was said earlier, I welded a piece of 3/8" rebar running the length of the anchor and when it gets hung-up just pull the boat past it and the rope slides down the anchor and lifts from the bottom! Havent lost one of these yet in the Mississippi.:wink:

13. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kenny,
    "She's a beaut Bart"
    I mean she's a beauty Kenny. Bring her on up here and I'll take you to place where you can test her out. How's it going tonight. We ended up catching 28 nice channel cats yesterday. We brought 8 that were under 5lbs in and released 20 that were 5lbs or over. It was a beautiful day to be on the river. The way the weather sounds it may have been my last trip of the year.
    TTYL,
    Glenn

14. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey I am dragging this out fer OH-NO Jim ya find it

15. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for dragging it out. I might be making one real soon. I like the discussion here and could use all the ideas to make mine. I have a terrible time with anchors holding

16. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    There are several different types made and posted in the Arkansas Talk section underneath "the anchor'' if interested in taking a look.