new ammo mfg

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by 223reload, Nov 13, 2009.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just saw on the Amirillo news A new ammo MFG will be going into business,Blue creek Mercantile will start making ,380,.40, ans,45 ammo soon and expand with rifle ammo in the future. www.kvii.com

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey richard do you know where they are out of? guess i could check the link... :embarassed:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jordan,They are in Fritch,just a hop away,from us.

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i'd have to take a fishin pole and some guns every time i went up there! :wink:

5. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    I hope they make a basic ammo. Many of the mfg's seem to think that everyone needs a hollow point that costs over $1 a round when in actuality what really is needed is a cheap hard ball that you can afford to shoot.
    I also hope they are of decent quality. I got about 200 rounds of an imported ammo called 'American" or something like that. On a scale of 1-10 it shot at about a 3 and when I cleaned the brass to reload I found out why. MANY of the cases were split from the first shots and the brass was thin. The flash holes were about everywhere under the primer. I broke 3 decapping pins in the first 20 or so rounds until I figured out to leave them loose. I kept the ones that were thick enough and had a proper location for the flash hole which was only about 75-80 pieces of brass.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Before I shoot crap I'll quit shooting.
    Screw that import crap at cut rate prices.

7. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Ahhhhh it aint that bad is it ? Not all of us have them trees that money grows on ...

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Yea, it's that bad.
    Some of us prefer more then just the pop of a gun.
    Some of target practice WAY out yonder instead of the 20-100 yard stuff.
    Even at 100 yards we'll use paintballs and golfballs as targets.

The foreign junk can't keep up.
    If it won't do what you want it to why buy it at all unless you just like the noise?

9. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    That junk I had was made in the USA. NOT an import. America ammunition is out of Miami Florida.
    http://www.a-merc.com/
    Hopefully they are making better ammo now.
    Also you may not know that PMC and some Winchester are made over seas and imported.
    Norma is imported and is right up there with the best American ammo.
    Paint balls and golf balls are 200-250 yd targets. At 100 we use thumb tacks or 1/4 inch stickers.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    We aint professionals but we like a challenge.
    I'm good for the paintballs and golfballs at a 100.
    Swinging on a string is difficult but entertaining.

We play for a dollar a shot.
    Bring that Czech ammo on.

11. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    personally i like a shot gun at 5 yds... i destroy the golf balls then...haha

if you are into precision shooting reloading is the only way to go... it is the absolute best way to get the exact size, shape, weight and amount right on every angle that a bullet requires for accuracy time and time again.

12. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I don't know much about pistol or rifle ammo but the shotshells we shoot at my hunting lodge are Spanish made Armusa shells. I buy 500,000 rounds a year for my guests. Armusa makes crap shells just like the $5 a box promo shells that Winchester, Remington, and Federal sell close to dove opener. Armusa also sells quality shells just like Remington, Federal, and Winchester. You have to pay much more same as with our USA manufacturer quality bullets. But with more money you get better components, alloy lead that stays round, better powder, primers, wads, clean shootong , and etc. Basically shells that do what they are supposed to do. We live in a Global Economy and you get what you pay for. It basically boils down to what quality is acceptable to the purchaser. I reload. I pay through the nose for Nosler Partition bullets for my .243 Winchester to make double sure they kill cleanly on deer but my .308 Winchester, just about any ole expanding bullets kills whitetails just fine so long as I can get one inch groups at 100 yards. The Noslers do much better but at $.50 a piece for the bullet itself, kind of steep and I ain't plinking with it, that I assure you. Cheap russian bullets for the SKS, bring it on. Want to get a boy interested in shooting and away from video games,,,take em out and let them spray away with an SKS.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  13. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Dove hunting is a little different.
    There is a right way and a wrong way to dove hunt.

Shell counters need to stay at home. You need folks that will blister through some shells to keep them birds flying and circling through.
    I don't care if he is 400 yards out, pound away at him, make some noise, get that flying rat to circle back around.
    Yea, we shoot the cheap Federals for that.

We don't get all gentlemanly and respectable until we quail hunt.